Barefoot Buttons

I just got my Barefoot Mini's today. I went with regular V1 mini's on switches 1-4 and on F2 & F3. I went with V1 mini tallboys on 5-8 and on F1. The bigger buttons look great too - but I just felt that the mini's looked a little more 'streamlined'. I'm happy with my choice - and working with them was great. Brett was great. He answered all of my questions promptly and shipped quickly. I actually got them a day early.

I asked him if he ever considered offering package deals for gear like the AX8 and Helix. He said that he has run sales on the Fractal site before and hinted that he may do it again. I told him that he'd make a lot of people very happy.

When I was thinking about mini's, I couldn't find many pics out there for reference - so I thought I'd post a pic of my AX8 - in case any of you were considering them. I couldn't be happier with mine. I think they look - and feel - great. Cheers. 20190112_182817.jpg 20190112_182749.jpg 20190112_182725.jpg

Last edited:
^^^ Looks great ^^^

I haven't had that much trouble with 1 - 4, or the function switches so far. But 5 - 8 have given me enough trouble that I wanted to try these and so far, they're doing what I need them to do. These minis are plenty comfortable in socks or bare feet. I've given some thought to doing what you've done ... but I'll gig this way tomorrow night (2 screws per button & all) and see how it goes.

Hopefully this shows a pic of mine:

Tall%20Minis%205%20-%208.JPG

^^^ Looks great ^^^

I haven't had that much trouble with 1 - 4, or the function switches so far. But 5 - 8 have given me enough trouble that I wanted to try these and so far, they're doing what I need them to do. These minis are plenty comfortable in socks or bare feet. I've given some thought to doing what you've done ... but I'll gig this way tomorrow night (2 screws per button & all) and see how it goes.

Hopefully this shows a pic of mine:

Tall%20Minis%205%20-%208.JPG
You did it right. I like the tallboys in the back. Very comfortable and functional. I guess with the soft switches, 'need' doesn't really come into play - but having the 'regular' mini's on 1-4 is just that much nicer ….. plus I was hoping it would get me chicks.... which so far, hasn't happened - but one can dream.
Seriously though - it's a great upgrade. The only 'issue' - if you can call it that - is that I kind of have to angle my foot to hit F2. If I don't, I can catch F3 with the ball of my foot. But ….negligible issue. Love em.

Tall Minis were perfect on my 1st outing with them. No issues at all.

The soft-switches on the AX8 were never difficult to work with - but I'm finding that having the BB's makes switching seem smoother - easier somehow. Maybe it's in my head ….. like when you get new sneakers and you feel like you can run faster and jump higher. Lol !!! BCy2k - do they feel easier to engage to you ?

The soft-switches on the AX8 were never difficult to work with - but I'm finding that having the BB's makes switching seem smoother - easier somehow. Maybe it's in my head ….. like when you get new sneakers and you feel like you can run faster and jump higher. Lol !!! BCy2k - do they feel easier to engage to you ?

They do seem easier to engage. For me the chrome handlebar on the AX8 makes hitting 6, 7, & 8 a little tricky without the BFBs. I like having the bar there to protect the knobs, but adding BFBs on 5 - 8 has helped a lot. I can see how having bigger buttons makes everything feel better. There could be more of them in my future. We shall see. In other news, my extra screws turned up today.

...For me the chrome handlebar on the AX8 makes hitting 6, 7, & 8 a little tricky without the BFBs. I like having the bar there to protect the knobs, but adding BFBs on 5 - 8 has helped a lot.
I like having the Tallboys on the back row. Makes it easier to hit the switches and now I don't notice the bar at all.

I'm not understanding the mini idea? I put the larger ones on and the tall's in the back. They work great! Going down in size seems like one might just as well use the stock buttons? Sorry, just don't get it.

I'm not understanding the mini idea? I put the larger ones on and the tall's in the back. They work great! Going down in size seems like one might just as well use the stock buttons? Sorry, just don't get it.

Personal preference. When I look at the big ones, I think "Jeez, how much button does one need?" Lol. The Mini's are absolutely better than stock buttons. I play barefoot at home and they are super comfortable. Plus - aesthetically - I like that they don't obscure the numbers. I don't really use the numbers - all the pedals are assigned to the same type of effect - but it bugged me that the big ones hung over the numbers so far. It just looked clunky to me. Plus the Tallboys on the regular size ones look comedically oversized to me. But they're functional and they work great for you. I love my minis - they work great for me. We both win.

I'm not understanding the mini idea?

I'm not sure customer service is either.

The screws they sent me were for the regular sized buttons - LOL

It's not like I didn't tell them my order number, or that these were for the Mini buttons specifically. Trying not to have a wtf moment here, but we'll see if the 3rd time is the charm or not ...

3rd time was a charm ... yay! The good folks at BFB gave me a free mini (non-tall) for my trouble. Which I'll put on my F1 switch. Cheers!

Last edited:
I picked up two additional minis for my only surviving pedal -outside the AX8 - my Kingsley Jester. They look and feel great. Minis are plenty.

My minis just arrrived, WOOT.
Will Zen Rig labels fit over these ? Or or do I need to wait fo these Zen labels to arrive first ?

My minis just arrrived, WOOT.
Will Zen Rig labels fit over these ? Or or do I need to wait fo these Zen labels to arrive first ?
I was asking myself the same question because I'm waiting for my Zen Rig tags to arrive.

I just put them on because they're quick and easy to remove and remount. I won't Loctite the screws anyway until I'm sure I'm happy with the button sizes.

Yeah, just can’t be bothered with the on off routine, lol
Trying to locate a pic of both on someone’s board .......

Your kicks must of been in the same batch as mine.....ordered in December ?

Back
Top Bottom