Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.05

No luck here either. I just downloaded using the link in the OP and performed the firmware update. Now when I power on the unit I get an all white screen that flashes for less than a second then a black screen. Nothing else. Output and other LEDs do their usual flashing pattern.

I'll try to reflash again.

Can you take a photo of the screen or a video during the bootup? The new build has a quick diagnostics display and will show us where it's hanging.
Read the edit on my previous post.. that’s exactly what it was.. it’s all good now. Thank you for your help.

No luck here either. I just downloaded using the link in the OP and performed the firmware update. Now when I power on the unit I get an all white screen that flashes for less than a second then a black screen. Nothing else. Output and other LEDs do their usual flashing pattern.

I'll try to reflash again.
Try downloading with a different browser. I just went through the same thing, my browser wasn’t downloading from the site, just giving me a cashed version on my hdd

Try downloading with a different browser. I just went through the same thing, my browser wasn’t downloading from the site, just giving me a cashed version on my hdd
Probably won't help in my case as I didn't download the file from the previous thread.

Booted into Emergency Utility and am now uploading.

Ohh.. gotcha.. well the SYX timestamp I got to work was 7:04. Not 4:52
I didn't think to check the timestamp on the previous download before I deleted it. After extraction this one says 7:04. I don't know how I could have downloaded the wrong file. In any case firmware is now uploading.

read all of the release notes so you know what has changed. it's substantial.

Yeah I have to go through them all again thoroughly for sure...I've given them a quick once through as they came out but it's time to balance the significance with the mass

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes

Corrected the VU meters in the Output block to compensate for the “unity gain” nature of Outputs 3 and 4. Note that the Output block meters are BEFORE the Level controls (pre-fader) on the front panel and are therefore unaffected by the Level controls. The meters indicate the internal signal level relative to full-scale (dBFS).

Thanks for this one! I'm now seeing the same levels on Out 3/4 as in the DAW when the Out 3/4 level knobs are full up.

However, if I route the same signal to Out 1 and Out 3, the block level meters read different values. I would expect these to read the same in the Axe since they are tapping the same signal, as you said, "pre fader".

Even if the output block level meters are supposed to be post-fader on 1/2, I don't think it's working since I calibrated my Out1 level knob to unity-gain.

Back
Top Bottom