Legacy Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy DREAMRIGS 1000+TonePack for AX8 and Axe-FX Mark II/XL/XL+

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.
One more dumb question. If not already obvious, I am very new to this modeling thing.

Okay.....I bought the pack and installed the Dream Rigs. Having spent time going through them (all) I have identified ones that are not useful for me. So, I want to go back and replace some of the presets with specific ones from the original (stock) AX8.
Yes, I DID go through the backup before I loaded the DR presets! (But where are they?)
I THOUGHT I knew what I was doing, but all I seem to be able to find is a file ax8_10p01. And (I think) that contains the DR presets.

Am I on the wrong track by trying to do this with AXE EDIT? Or maybe I am misunderstanding when/how to use the Fractal Bot functionality(?) as that seemed to conflict earlier when I had failed to turn it off when trying to proceed with installing DR. Or maybe I need to download the stock presets and work from there(?)
What I really want to do is to reload only specific presets, rather than (if possible) resetting them all and starting over with loading DR presets.

Again, sorry for my own confusion......This is like a new language to this old-timer. Any tips to get back on the right track would be much appreciated!

One more dumb question. If not already obvious, I am very new to this modeling thing.

Okay.....I bought the pack and installed the Dream Rigs. Having spent time going through them (all) I have identified ones that are not useful for me. So, I want to go back and replace some of the presets with specific ones from the original (stock) AX8.
Yes, I DID go through the backup before I loaded the DR presets! (But where are they?)
I THOUGHT I knew what I was doing, but all I seem to be able to find is a file ax8_10p01. And (I think) that contains the DR presets.

Am I on the wrong track by trying to do this with AXE EDIT? Or maybe I am misunderstanding when/how to use the Fractal Bot functionality(?) as that seemed to conflict earlier when I had failed to turn it off when trying to proceed with installing DR. Or maybe I need to download the stock presets and work from there(?)
What I really want to do is to reload only specific presets, rather than (if possible) resetting them all and starting over with loading DR presets.

Again, sorry for my own confusion......This is like a new language to this old-timer. Any tips to get back on the right track would be much appreciated!
Go into Axe-Edit settings to see what folder your backups are saved to.

Thanks. I did go there and looked under settings. It does take me to preferences and shows the folders on my hard drive. When I do go there, they do not appear to have anything inside the folders (snapshots, blocks, presets).

Thanks. I did go there and looked under settings. It does take me to preferences and shows the folders on my hard drive. When I do go there, they do not appear to have anything inside the folders (snapshots, blocks, presets).

You need to manually add the Austin Buddy files to your Fractal Audio folder. Otherwise, the AB blocks and presets will only reside in the downloaded AB file.

Thanks. I did previously add the AB (Dream Rig) files and loaded them to the AX8. they all seem to be functional.

What I am trying to do now is get back to some of the original presets that came with the AX8 and restore them (selected ones). I THOUGHT they were backed up, but perhaps that effort failed.

Thanks. I did previously add the AB (Dream Rig) files and loaded them to the AX8. they all seem to be functional.

What I am trying to do now is get back to some of the original presets that came with the AX8 and restore them (selected ones). I THOUGHT they were backed up, but perhaps that effort failed.

OK. Just need to download the AX8 presets again. Make sure you do a full backup of all presets currently loaded:

https://www.fractalaudio.com/ax8-downloads/

OK.....I will do that when I get back to it tomorrow. When I do that, will it automatically override the current (Dream Rig) presets? Or does it go to my PC hard drive so I can I pick and choose which ones to install? If the latter, that is easier for me than to have to then reinstall the newer (DR) presets that I DO want to keep.
It was, no doubt, a mistake to install the entire 64 banks of DR presets at once.
Thanks again!

OK.....I will do that when I get back to it tomorrow. When I do that, will it automatically override the current (Dream Rig) presets? Or does it go to my PC hard drive so I can I pick and choose which ones to install? If the latter, that is easier for me than to have to then reinstall the newer (DR) presets that I DO want to keep.
It was, no doubt, a mistake to install the entire 64 banks of DR presets at once.
Thanks again!
When you download the factory presets, load the files into Axe-Manage Presets, which is a feature of Axe-Edit. Then you can drag the presets you want to the locations you want. (Don't forget to Save when you're done.)

That sounds perfectly clear. Even I should be able to do it! Thanks!

Donobla: You can see my videos on how to load AX8 presets...I did a six-part tutorials just on AX8 Dream Rigs pack you would benefit from, learn the concepts.

Heres' the first one:

The Axe-Fx II Original and Mark II version of the 1000+ Dream Rigs TonePack is now available!

It will be on sale for three weeks until February 1, 2019. This is to be fair, since the AX8 and XL/XL+ versions also had a three week introductory sales price.

The main thing is there are more User cab IRs to install, because your Axe-Fx II only has 132 Factory Cabs and the Tonepack was originally drawing from the 189 factory Cabs (and some User IRs) in the AX8 and XL/XL+ models. Some time back Fractal Audio released 28 of those factory IRs and I've included a few of them as additional USER IRs to install, as well has made Cab substitutions if I didn't have the IR available.

Enjoy!

Dream-Rigs-Mk-II-Art.jpg

Some of my favorite cleans are crunch amps with guitar volume rolled down, and there are a lot of AX8 amps that do this well. Tim Pierce has a great video called something like my cleans aren't really clean, excellent.

Well, I bought the Dream Pack on New Years eve, wow,I can't imagine the work that went into it. AB's videos are excellent, this forced me into learning some new things from the unit itself,which is a good thing. So far, just having a ball cycling through stuff, kinda like sampling the world's great Barbecues and rubs, how on Earth will I narrow this down,ha.

Has my first gig with the new presets and they worked great.I really notice the difference in the cleans and edge of breakup tones. I make song specific presets and what Really worked well was the leveling between heavy overdriven tone and cleans was excellent! By using the control switches you set up I could switch between my single coil Strat and my PRS with humbuckers easily. The boost for single coils worked great live....plus the solo boost worked on some solos. Other solos I would add a scene so I could add Delay and drive to a solo.

I have some other presets I bought that were a bit louder so I have to go back and level those to AB. otherwise just thought I would give some feedback to how they sounded live.

On the jtm 45 clean when I engage the cs2 button I get a bunch of static noise when I hit a note. I tried to upload a video but it’s too large. All I did to the patch is add a scene 2 with a different amp and cabinet and made switch 4 scene 1-2 as in Austin’s video. I see the trim pot goes up on that cs2 switch.
Other patches are fine. Anyone know what’s happening?
Thanks

On the jtm 45 clean when I engage the cs2 button I get a bunch of static noise when I hit a note. I tried to upload a video but it’s too large. All I did to the patch is add a scene 2 with a different amp and cabinet and made switch 4 scene 1-2 as in Austin’s video. I see the trim pot goes up on that cs2 switch.
Other patches are fine. Anyone know what’s happening?
Thanks

Go to output block and scenes, and you will see scene 2 is already set as default for a 3.5db boost for Amp (scene1 setting) for leads. Just back that added scene gain to zero and your problem should go away. Manual covers this.

Want users to understand the power of the scene mixer in output block for pre-mixing your tones for different aong parts for live playing. You can do it there and never fool with the Amp Level I set as default.

Go to output block and scenes, and you will see scene 2 is already set as default for a 3.5db boost for Amp (scene1 setting) for leads. Just back that added scene gain to zero and your problem should go away. Manual covers this.

Want users to understand the power of the scene mixer in output block for pre-mixing your tones for different aong parts for live playing. You can do it there and never fool with the Amp Level I set as default.

Ah...thanks for sending me the preset via email. It’s not you, It’s not me.

It’s a sometimes glitch in Ax8-edit software when originally setting the CS2 values from 1.0 to 2.5 and how they interact with Input Trim value. When I made the preset, I remember having this issue in particular on the Dumbles/Ojai when attaching the Amp Input Trim controller values and assigning to CS2, it would get weird on me. I had to go back and re-set some of those presets to get rid of it.

To fix your issue, I reset it. To do this, look at the values first/remember them for Lower and Upper bound (values vary by preset).

Then disconnect CS2 controller by setting to "none" and save preset.

Then go back back in to controller menu for Amp Input Trim, assign to Cs2 (it will default to .10 and 10+ so don't play guitar while doing this!).

Then setting lower value (off) first and high value (boost amount) second, and then save preset.

Works fine now. Attached a fixed version in email to you. Let me know.

The JTM45 and the Dumble ODS 100 Ford 1 sound absolutely stellar. I haven't really got much further than these I just keep noodling around with the JTM45 for cleans, and the Dumble for crunch and lead.

Holy cow @austinbuddy !

The JTM45 and the Dumble ODS 100 Ford 1 sound absolutely stellar. I haven't really got much further than these I just keep noodling around with the JTM45 for cleans, and the Dumble for crunch and lead.

Holy cow @austinbuddy !
Thanks! Those are two of my "desert island amps" for sure! Check out the 2204 Plexi Master Volume Marshall too if you like the JTM -- also killer.

Back
Top Bottom