Any plans for a small stomp AX4?

I would be very surprised if they used the current tech and just did a lesser featured AX8 at a lower price point

I think it will apply AXE3 modelling and use the FC footswitch design they have worked so hard on.

Agree. I believe the SHARC CPU (I think that's what they call it.) is no longer made.

It would be hardly surprising if the new CPU already has a smaller die size and power/heat consumption while using the same firmware code as used on the AXE-FX III. No need to do much re-coding as the AX3 is already an outstanding base to build upon and a future path good for several years.

Agree. I believe the SHARC CPU (I think that's what they call it.) is no longer made.

It would be hardly surprising if the new CPU already has a smaller die size and power/heat consumption while using the same firmware code as used on the AXE-FX III. No need to do much re-coding as the AX3 is already an outstanding base to build upon and a future path good for several years.
Yeah, also the ax8 cpu is at least 8 years old (axe fx 2 cpu)

I am eagerly waiting for something like an AX4 or an AX6 ever since I bought my AX8. My money is ready for you.

Sgt%20Schultz_315_275_90.jpg
I know Nothing! I know Nothing! Ah strudellllllllllllll

The ability to run dual amp models in a similarly sized format or slightly bigger would be wonderful. I can't really see a need for anything smaller unless you want to put on a pedalboard and use with a slew of pedals. I personally have no desire but I'm one person.

The ability to run dual amp models in a similarly sized format or slightly bigger would be wonderful. I can't really see a need for anything smaller unless you want to put on a pedalboard and use with a slew of pedals. I personally have no desire but I'm one person.
A small, affordable and easy-to-use device could be the trojan horse to introduce tube snobs to the fantastic world of FAS and modeling in general.

I haven’t read this whole thread so I apologize if this has been discussed already. Ive seen a few posts where folks are lobbying for a tiny version or a full featured AXIII on the floor, etc.

If past performance is a prediction of the future, there is probably a good chance that the next iteration(s) of FAS “all in one” floor unit will share an enclosure or dimensions with the FC6/FC12 (MFC/FX8/AX8). I thought Cliff already hinted at this when discussing the roll bar on the FC6/FC12.

Of course this is pure speculation and maybe every enclosure will be individually be printed to each customer’s specifications.

Last edited:
I think the next update will be the product page when it’s released
Cliff has pretty much all but confirmed something
With the comment above
“Patience will.be rewarded”
That statement surprised me actually a bit. In a good way

And NAMM is soon, so, last year around the NAMM (or shortly after, iirc), the Fractal page was down some time, and then, there was the Axe-FX III. So, it's not that long, and with the current AX8 my patience is high (though I am constantly wanting more, because greedy humans! :D - or actually, wanting to have thr capability to share Axe-FX3 presets with a Floorboard unit used for gigs)

I haven’t read this whole thread so I apologize if this has been discussed already. Ive seen a few posts where folks are lobbying for a tiny version or a full featured AXIII on the floor, etc.

If past performance is a prediction of the future, there is probably a good chance that the next iteration(s) of FAS “all in one” floor unit will share an enclosure or dimensions with the FC6/FC12 (MFC/FX8/AX8). I thought Cliff already hinted at this when discussing the roll bar on the FC6/FC12.

Of course this is pure speculation and maybe every enclosure will be individually be printed to each customer’s specifications.

Someone mentioned it somewhere but I wonder if we might get a rack unit for an AX8/FX8 that works with the FC6/FC12. An all in one unit that shares the same enclosure as the FC6/12 would make sense too though. I bet we hear after NAMM like last year.

And NAMM is soon, so, last year around the NAMM (or shortly after, iirc), the Fractal page was down some time, and then, there was the Axe-FX III. So, it's not that long, and with the current AX8 my patience is high (though I am constantly wanting more, because greedy humans! :D - or actually, wanting to have thr capability to share Axe-FX3 presets with a Floorboard unit used for gigs)

The best thing about Cliff is he is not predictable
Whose to say he doesn’t do it on Wednesday morning the eve before NAMM. Opens
That would be a pretty good bomb drop too
The patience will be rewarded comment makes me believe it’s for sure coming but maybe not till later 2019

The best thing about Cliff is he is not predictable
Whose to say he doesn’t do it on Wednesday morning the eve before NAMM. Opens
That would be a pretty good bomb drop too
The patience will be rewarded comment makes me believe it’s for sure coming but maybe not till later 2019

That is true. If he announced it sooner than later that would be awesome!

I just hope patience means wait a week or two and not 6 months! :)

I predict there will be something announced almost immediately after NAMM. That's what they did last year with the III.

They've been aggressively marketing the last few sales like they did last year before they announced the III. Probably trying to clear out inventory to make room for new products.

They just launched a completely re-designed web store. Probably to prepare for increased traffic their next product/s will generate.

The AX8 is EOL because it's based off the Axe-FX II platform which is also old news. Gotta replace it with something...

Of course this is all speculation but I'm sure everyone reading this is thinking the same exact thing. It'd be more surprised if this didn't happen.

Back
Top Bottom