Classes The Complete Axe-Fx III Master Class with Cooper Carter - v3.0 AVAILABLE NOW!

Classes for rent or purchase related to Fractal Audio equipment.
I am 3/4 the way into the course. Its mind blowing , one section I had to go over 3 times to get what he was doing.( I'm new to this)
it is worth the money if anyone wants to know. I would like to see some reviews to this course here in the forum. one of the most helpful things I learned in the first part is using the looper to adjust you sound so your not going back and forth on the guitar to the computer and back. He uses other effects in ways I never would have thought. after 8 hours of this course I feel a lot more comfortable with the axe 3.
Having a few guitars I did notice that every pickup will sound drastically different in each presets. something again I never thought of.
Also in the video he picks some of the coolest amps and cabnets that I would have never knew was there. this is a awesome course that will make you understand much of how the axe 3 works .. and just like me you will walk away amazed what this unit is capable of
Big thank to fractal as well. but a big thanks to cooper for all his hard work.

Cooper, I just wanted echo the positive comments. I’m new to Fractal products and this course is just what I needed! I bought it today and after a few hours I’m up to the end of the Edge of Breakup lesson. I feel like I’ve learned so much already and we’re just getting started!
Lots of little things that never occurred to me that make using the Axe a breeze. I’m already way more familiar with Axe Edit after a few hours of Coopers guidance, than the 5 months of stumbling around on my own.

There’s been some discussion about the price, but it really is a bargain to me. Although there’s 12 hours of lessons, it’s actually way more than that even just factoring in the pauses as you make your own tweaks and adjustments. Cooper says in the intro that he’s giving us the tools to do things for ourselves and there’s so much I’ve watched already that’s integrated into the course that I’ll revisit in more detail later on, like how the rotary works.
Bear in mind I’m saying all this after only 3 lessons!

I bought into it and agree it's very well done. Still wishing I could download the videos as I would be much further along. That said, watching on my computer through my studio monitors I get to appreciate the sound much more than I would elsewhere.

Highly recommend this!

I am 3/4 the way into the course. Its mind blowing , one section I had to go over 3 times to get what he was doing.( I'm new to this)
it is worth the money if anyone wants to know. I would like to see some reviews to this course here in the forum. one of the most helpful things I learned in the first part is using the looper to adjust you sound so your not going back and forth on the guitar to the computer and back. He uses other effects in ways I never would have thought. after 8 hours of this course I feel a lot more comfortable with the axe 3.
Having a few guitars I did notice that every pickup will sound drastically different in each presets. something again I never thought of.
Also in the video he picks some of the coolest amps and cabnets that I would have never knew was there. this is a awesome course that will make you understand much of how the axe 3 works .. and just like me you will walk away amazed what this unit is capable of
Big thank to fractal as well. but a big thanks to cooper for all his hard work.

Thank you so much for this great review! Thrilled at the response to the class and that so many are really digging into it!!

So I figured what the hell, might as well toss a buck Twenty Cooper’s way, if for no other reason than the past pleasure of viewing his more adventurous videos, like his orchestral Star Wars stuff......maybe I’ll learn something and somehow elevate myself out of lifelong hackness...(don’t know how I got away with it professionally for so long..)....

Yes, well worth the money! Kudo's Cooper!

Cooper shows a lot of, while not really hidden or highly nuanced they are not really obvious either, "how to's" as well as things I missed even though I read the words in the manual. Having Cooper show and explain in plain English, was worth the cost of the course, at least to me.

Again good course Mr. Carter.

(Now If I could just get an FC12 or even an FC6 I'd be happy as a hog in slop)

@ccroyalsenders
Just wanted to send a very sincere thank you for all of your time and effort put forth in developing your classes. I have just purchased and begun your Axe III course. I am very grateful to have such a resource avalable to help me better understand how to really make the most of my investment.

Hey Cooper, quick question about the Cutlass. Would you say the SSS or HSS is more versatile? I never liked a bridge single coil, but your video review sounded great. On the fence about which one I want to get and wanted some professional input. Thanks!

Hey Cooper, quick question about the Cutlass. Would you say the SSS or HSS is more versatile? I never liked a bridge single coil, but your video review sounded great. On the fence about which one I want to get and wanted some professional input. Thanks!

That's a tough one. They've done a beautiful job with the bridge on the SSS, which was refreshing, since I'm in your camp---I've always found that the least usable stand-alone pickup on most guitars.
If outright "versatility" is what you're going for though, I'd probably have to go with the HSS.

That's a tough one. They've done a beautiful job with the bridge on the SSS, which was refreshing, since I'm in your camp---I've always found that the least usable stand-alone pickup on most guitars.
If outright "versatility" is what you're going for though, I'd probably have to go with the HSS.
That's kinda what I was thinking. I guess I'll eventually have to buy both. Thanks!

I bought into it and agree it's very well done. Still wishing I could download the videos as I would be much further along. That said, watching on my computer through my studio monitors I get to appreciate the sound much more than I would elsewhere.

Highly recommend this!

Can someone confirm whether this course is downloadable or not? This post implies it isn't but I thought I read an earlier post saying that it is.

The course is streaming only but can be viewed at your own pace and is yours to replay as long as the site remains active. I will also confirm that the site does accept paypal which another individual had inquired about.

The class will be 12 hours of streaming video, broken down by topic into various sections. If you bought a pass to my first two courses through CreativeLive, the format will be very familiar. Sorry if I was unclear; there will not be a live dialogue with the video as you can watch them on your own time, at will. Like having me in your studio at the click of a mouse!

Yes, everything will be downloadable!

This post from the author says everything will be downloadable... ?

I'm very interested in this course, but with the crappy exchange rate in Canada it will cost me $160 so at that cost I'd really like to be able to keep an offline copy.

I believe he is speaking about all of the patches he provides with the class. There are several patches and they are all downloadable but, I do not see a way to download the actual course.

Back
Top Bottom