Bug: abrupt volume drop when changing presets (intermittent)

Maybe it's time to think about adding a 'flight recorder' to start gathering data from users experiencing the issue rather than waiting for someone to come up with a procedure to reproduce it which might never happen.

Maybe it's time to think about adding a 'flight recorder' to start gathering data from users experiencing the issue rather than waiting for someone to come up with a procedure to reproduce it which might never happen.
maybe, but this is the first error of its type in over 10 years of Axe-Fx products. it also has only been reported somewhat recently, not right at AX8 launch.

it's like having an issue with any gear, then taking it to the repair shop and you can't get it to happen there. they can't fix it in that situation either.

i've only had this happen to me once, after months and months of trying to make it happen purposefully. i immediately took a picture of the screen showing the Out 1 Volume set to 1% (with knob up all the way). i then changed presets, the volume came back.

i then spent literally 3 hours trying to make it happen again, with various procedures. nope. hasn't happened again since. i gig the AX8 3x a week every week. never happens on the gig.

so. yeah.

it's being taken seriously. majority of the testers have not ever experienced this ever...

If we are all using the same software, and your employees cannot reproduce the problem, then you must have a hardware manufacturing problem.
So it may be a problem the actual AX8 unit itself, and not your software.

Chris it may mean we have to return and exchange our Fractal AX8 units.

My unit, just like Bitlogic here above, was also a few days old when I came across this problem.

If we are all using the same software, and your employees cannot reproduce the problem, then you must have a hardware manufacturing problem.
So it may be a problem the actual AX8 unit itself, and not your software.

Chris it may mean we have to return and exchange our Fractal AX8 units.

My unit, just like Bitlogic here above, was also a few days old when I came across this problem.
but it did happen on mine, only once. and i can't make it happen again. hours and hours spent on this. i'm not an employee either, just a volunteer tester.

please, don't jump to conclusions. has it happened to you without being connected to AX8-Edit?

I can confirm that it happened to me yesterday again. My USB cable was plugged in to my PC, but Ax edit was NOT open.

how did you make it happen? specifically. thanks.
Nothing special. I stepped on F1 to bring up presets, and stepped on P7 to select the 7th preset in that bank. Once there, no amount of changing scenes or fx on/off made a difference. Had to select another preset and then go back. This is the first time I recall it happening when AX8 Edit was not open.

Nothing special. I stepped on F1 to bring up presets, and stepped on P7 to select the 7th preset in that bank. Once there, no amount of changing scenes or fx on/off made a difference. Had to select another preset and then go back. This is the first time I recall it happening when AX8 Edit was not open.
thanks!

The next time someone sees the volume drop, don't change preset and don't touch the out 1 knob. Turn off the AX8. When you turn the AX8 back on, is the level restored?

Respectfully suggest Fractal gets back one of the units from one of these users who HAVE HAD THE PROBLEM. Plug up AX8 Edit and move through the presets until it flakes out. That's the only way you are going to get one, live on your bench, in your lab. My problem triggered by using AX8 Edit and changing the presets from AX8 Edit...no footswitches. Think this is the best way you are going to catch it.

I'm loving my AX8 but I have to be honest and tell you it scares me a bit to take this rig to a live gig. If it happens in a live setting I'm going to have to kick the footswitch to clear it...Not a good look guys (Know what I mean?). I'm a Fractal fan but this needs to be addressed...not good for the brand. I'll volunteer to be your lab rat if it helps to fix the problem.

I'm loving my AX8 but I have to be honest and tell you it scares me a bit to take this rig to a live gig. If it happens in a live setting I'm going to have to kick the footswitch to clear it...Not a good look guys (Know what I mean?). I'm a Fractal fan but this needs to be addressed...not good for the brand. I'll volunteer to be your lab rat if it helps to fix the problem.
this has not happened to me since day 1 of the AX8 release. you won't have AX8-Edit connected during your gig.

this worry is most likely unfounded.

Ahhh...wow...that just happened
Explain what this means?

If the bug only happens with AX8-Edit connected and you don’t have it connected at the gig, then it won’t happen. I’ve been using the AX8 weekly for 3 years and it has never, ever happened at a gig.

Explain what this means?

If the bug only happens with AX8-Edit connected and you don’t have it connected at the gig, then it won’t happen. I’ve been using the AX8 weekly for 3 years and it has never, ever happened at a gig.

Hi all.

only to make it clear, there are some users here reporting that volume drop happened even without USB Connection !
See posts #9, #33 and #39, #69

Good luck for the fractal team to solve this soon !

Back
Top Bottom