Anyone use Input Dynamics?

Do you use Input Dynamics in the Amp block?

• No

Votes: 160 60.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 106 39.8%

• Total voters
I use it from time to time but.. Isn't it just an expander in front of the amp?
Those of us who use it could just replace it with a gate or comp (dynamics type) I think.

The Anti Suck knob.
talentpedal_zpsf167d07c.jpg

vMQDkX

I do use this quite a bit but not adjusted vary high. I am kind of surprised that not many people seem to use this. By this latest round of Do You questions about the dynamics section of the amp block its sounds like your looking for places to trim CPU usage so you can add that third amp? Or an Amp player block.

I do use this quite a bit but not adjusted vary high. I am kind of surprised that not many people seem to use this. By this latest round of Do You questions about the dynamics section of the amp block its sounds like your looking for places to trim CPU usage so you can add that third amp? Or an Amp player block.

Cast my vote hoping you’re right.

If it turns out to be something different, it’s your fault! :)

Seems to me the AxeIII was conceived "premeditated" with a 3rd or possibly 4th Amp block and has the capacity I would think. :D:D

Cliff possibly streamlining redundancy or the like. ...May be?:rolleyes:

ps. Now interested in taking a closer look at that parameter :eek:....voted no btw

Hope we are not already significantly resource constrained. :-/ I assumed it is addressing people’s complaints, re complexity. The parameters would still exist under the hood, I would think, so I am not sure if eliminating the user control helps anything other than maybe preset size/format and UI complexity...

All these threads are doing is making me want to use more of the deep editing parameters... they all sound cool.

Last edited:
I use it a fair amount but now that I know that the Dynamics Processor in the Compressor Block is even better.. well that’s fantastic.

Nothing to do with resource constraints. These Keystone processors chew through data like a hot chainsaw through a sorority girl. The Axe-Fx III is a beast. I don't think people realize how powerful it is. It has the equivalent power of 8 SHARC chips, at least. And that's just the DSP. The memory bus is 3-4 times faster than other stuff.

I've created an algorithm that tightens the bass as you play lower notes. I want to add it to the amp block but people are starting to complain about the excessive number of parameters so I was thinking maybe I could replace one of the controls on the dynamics page with this if no one was using it.

Back
Top Bottom