Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.04

Such a shame still doesn't offer the 3rd amp block but will install as soon as I get to my unit.
Nice Xmas present!!!

Ugh. I just got back from a month of travel for work, so thought I'd catch up, and upgraded from I think 2.00 to the 2.04. I did the USB fix, and I can hear my laptop -> Axe -> headphones fine.

What I don't have is any instrument input. No input level on the meters, or on the layout page. None of the presets I've checked, about 20, do anything different, so it must be something global. I checked the inputs on the setup/input page and they are all at 50%.

Is there something I missed on the forum about one of the last several updates that could cause this?

Thanks.

Ugh. I just got back from a month of travel for work, so thought I'd catch up, and upgraded from I think 2.00 to the 2.04. I did the USB fix, and I can hear my laptop -> Axe -> headphones fine.

What I don't have is any instrument input. No input level on the meters, or on the layout page. None of the presets I've checked, about 20, do anything different, so it must be something global. I checked the inputs on the setup/input page and they are all at 50%.

Is there something I missed on the forum about one of the last several updates that could cause this?

Thanks.
no recent update made the input go silent.

does your guitar cable work? are you using the correct input?

Thanks.
Are you sure you’re connected with a good guitar cable, with both ends plugged all he way in? And your guitar’s volume knob is turned up?

These two items have been the cause of 99% of my no-guitar-output issues over the last 50 years. :)

no recent update made the input go silent.

does your guitar cable work? are you using the correct input?

Are you sure you’re connected with a good guitar cable, with both ends plugged all he way in? And your guitar’s volume knob is turned up?

These two items have been the cause of 99% of my no-guitar-output issues over the last 50 years. :)

It's the same cable I was using before the trip, but I did swap it with another which worked. I then put the original back, which also worked. I then started to realize that the jack on my JP6 seems to be sort of flaky, so now have to look into that.

Thanks for the sanity check.

Officially the III has the Multitap Delay block. It's often also referred to as the Multi Delay or Multidelay.

The renamed parameters are found in some types of the Multitap Delay.
Thanks for sharing this. Even I didn't know that

I seem to be having an issue with very low volume from my computer using the Axe Fx III as an sound card interface since upgrading my firmware to 2.04. Is there something I'm not doing right or a setting that I need to adjust now? It was working fine and I even plugged my Axe Fx II back in as a interface and the volume was loud and clear. I just can't get any volume from my computer when using the III as an interface. Thanks for the help.

I seem to be having an issue with very low volume from my computer using the Axe Fx III as an sound card interface since upgrading my firmware to 2.04. Is there something I'm not doing right or a setting that I need to adjust now? It was working fine and I even plugged my Axe Fx II back in as a interface and the volume was loud and clear. I just can't get any volume from my computer when using the III as an interface. Thanks for the help.

I had the same problem. Problem solved. Greetings.

Gonna have to supply more information than that. What do you mean by "add volume pedals"?
My apologies for the very late response. I was very busy with work and forgot that I didn't follow up. When I added volume
Gonna have to supply more information than that. What do you mean by "add volume pedals"?
My apologies for the late response. I got caught up with work and completely forgot to follow.
When I add a volume block, I attempt to control the volume block with my fcb1010 pedal. But, whenever I try and use it to control the volume parameters it'll completely freeze my AXE III. I've noticed that it'll start to act as a toggle wheel (ie switching between submenu's such as Volume and Auto Swell) and I believe that's what causes the unit to freeze.

My apologies for the very late response. I was very busy with work and forgot that I didn't follow up. When I added volume

My apologies for the late response. I got caught up with work and completely forgot to follow.
When I add a volume block, I attempt to control the volume block with my fcb1010 pedal. But, whenever I try and use it to control the volume parameters it'll completely freeze my AXE III. I've noticed that it'll start to act as a toggle wheel (ie switching between submenu's such as Volume and Auto Swell) and I believe that's what causes the unit to freeze.
Are you using 2 midi cables? If so, don't... Just one from FCB midi out to Axe Fx midi in.

I have a separate midi cable for when I use it for the keys. But, when it is hooked up to the AxeFX I'm only using one cable at a time.

Will that still cause trouble?

Back
Top Bottom