I feel stupid (changing Display options)

Moves

I have my main preset set up where the foot switches are controlling Scenes 1-8, so I don't need the redundancy of the display showing S1 - S8 and would rather have it display the Block assignments. Reason being, I have a Mission Pedal set up so that VOL block is controller by External 1 and the switch in the pedal is on EXT 4 to engage my delay and boost block in the preset. However, there's no light or anything on the pedal, so I would like my blocks displayed instead of the FS assignments. Why can't I figure this out as the default display settings?

It won't work that way, the foot switches have to show what they're doing on the display - they are tied together

It won't work that way, the foot switches have to show what they're doing on the display - they are tied together

That's silly and redundant considering there's lights on the Footswitches themselves letting you know which is activated. Oh well, I guess I'll keep relying on my ear.

Nah, depends. What you see there is a configuration assigned to the switches. Yes, it is redundant for sorts, but ar least it is consistent, since it behaves the same as for any other block.
An additional mode to independently configure displayed block and assigment will break the X/Y and "block enganged" mapping, thus may introduce a whole new level of a
Support if someone is forgetting the fact that the assigned block does not reflect the displayes block.
So, even if redundant, it does make sense.

Another option for you may be to use Sticky Scenes - I usually mix presets were I use scenes directly on the foot switch, as well as presets where I have a whole bunch of dedicated blocks and switch scenes in Sticky Scene mode.
But then you have to always disengage it before changing a block state.

Sticky is when you hold down f2 -it makes each switch control its corresponding scene - you press f2 again to go back to controlling the displayed block - does that make sense?

Sticky is when you hold down f2 -it makes each switch control its corresponding scene - you press f2 again to go back to controlling the displayed block - does that make sense?

Wow, that might be the most coherent explanation I've seen thus far. Seriously, that makes perfect sense Thanks!

So I am not off the reservation, you mean, when entering Sticky Mode, FS1 defaults to Scene 1, FS2 to Scene 2, etc, yes?

I think leveraging Sticky Mode for my specific example here would introduce a lot of tap dancing. Maybe a better plan is to skip using the switch in my pedal as the Ext 4 controller and opt for a simple (homemade even?) latching switch with an LED indicator.

Back
Top Bottom