Interface or mixer to switch sound from studio monitors to PA monitors

Bman

Power User
Should I use a small mixer for this or are there better ways to do this? I'm considering the Mackie pro8vfx... It's got USB, aux out and main outs. I guess I'm unsure about using the Aux out is a stereo signal or a mono signal.

Or is the old fashioned way (plug & and plug the speakers manually) the best way?

I bought a Mackie Passive Big Knob and tried to hook it up today. I'm trying to have a setup to choose my DXR10's as one set of speakers and a my desktop monitors as the other. I'm running from my MacBook into a Focusrite 212, then out to the Big Knob's input A. I'm able to get full sound out of my desktop monitors but nothing out of the DXR 10's, which I'm running a XLR to a TRS 1/4" plug into the Big Knob's 2nd speaker output. However, to test, I ran the DXR 10's with the same cable to the Focusrite and it worked fine. I'm not sure if the Big Knob is a lemon or there's something specific in the balance vs unbalanced wiring that I'm missing.

Anyone have any similar experiences?

eh... User error. A cat burglar must've broken in and plugged the speakers into the source inputs. That's the story and I'm sticking to it.

Back
Top Bottom