Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.04

I seem to be having an issue with very low volume from my computer using the Axe Fx III as an sound card interface since upgrading my firmware to 2.04. Is there something I'm not doing right or a setting that I need to adjust now? It was working fine and I even plugged my Axe Fx II back in as a interface and the volume was loud and clear. I just can't get any volume from my computer when using the III as an interface. Thanks for the help.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...silent-after-fw-2-03-heres-what-to-do.145133/

I'm not sure if I messed something up, but I get a bug when I add volume pedals my Axe 3 freezes up and I have to restart it. I just added a fcb1010 pedal, so maybe that could be contributing?

I'm not sure if I messed something up, but I get a bug when I add volume pedals my Axe 3 freezes up and I have to restart it. I just added a fcb1010 pedal, so maybe that could be contributing?
Gonna have to supply more information than that. What do you mean by "add volume pedals"?

Dumb question, but I cannot find the answer. I need to make incremental value changes to the tuner offsets. I know how to do this in Axe Edit, but how do you do it on the unit itself?

Dumb question, but I cannot find the answer. I need to make incremental value changes to the tuner offsets. I know how to do this in Axe Edit, but how do you do it on the unit itself?
Tuner > Offsets.

Tuner > Offsets.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. When I turn the dial the value jumps by large values. How do I adjust with smaller increments using the hardware? I want to change the d string offset to -0.8 but when I turn the dial it changes from 0 to -0.5 then -1.0. On Axe Edit you push the control button on the keyboard while changing the value to use smaller increments. What button on the hardware serves the same function. I tried searching the manual but did not find anything.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. When I turn the dial the value jumps by large values. How do I adjust with smaller increments using the hardware? I want to change the d string offset to -0.8 but when I turn the dial it changes from 0 to -0.5 then -1.0. On Axe Edit you push the control button on the keyboard while changing the value to use smaller increments. What button on the hardware serves the same function. I tried searching the manual but did not find anything.
The increments are 0.05 cents, not 0.5.

Just a guess but are you connecting two midi cable one for In and Out between the FCB1010 and the AFXIII? If so that will cause the AFXIII to lock up. You would want to use just one midi cable Out of the FCB into midi In of the AFXIII.

Just a guess but are you connecting two midi cable one for In and Out between the FCB1010 and the AFXIII? If so that will cause the AFXIII to lock up. You would want to use just one midi cable Out of the FCB into midi In of the AFXIII.
Actually yes, I am using two midi cables. Before I left for Christmas Vacation and NAMM I unplugged the midi cables but I did not turn my unit back on after that. I'll try it when I get back in February. Thanks

When I use a 2290 delay and a reverb in series. The delay does not blend into the reverb.
It sounds like, if they were running in parallel.

Not sure if that's the normal behavior.

When I use a 2290 delay and a reverb in series. The delay does not blend into the reverb.
It sounds like, if they were running in parallel.

Not sure if that's the normal behavior.

2290 by default has a reversed phase channel, reverb sums it to mono and the two channels cancel out.
Place it after the reverb or set both channels in phase
Posting this for posterity and the benefit of others. I started typing this response, but then discovered the truth.

(Original thinking)
Sorry, but that does not sound correct to me.

I run a dual delay with stereo feedback into a Reverb and it doesn't collapse to mono. I hear distinct left and right delay repeats.

Further, levipeto said it sounds like the Reverb and Delay are in parallel, not that he cannot hear the delay...

(After researching)
However, I just checked the Reverb block diagram in the manual... And I think understand (and you are correct).

I think the "wet" portion of the Reverb is in fact collapsed to mono, but rest of the signal (the dry) is in stereo. This explains why in sounds as if the Delay is in parallel with the phase reverse enabled.

I think the "wet" portion of the Reverb is in fact collapsed to mono, but rest of the signal (the dry) is in stereo. This explains why in sounds as if the Delay is in parallel with the phase reverse enabled.
Exactly ;)

Ps: it would be nice to have a true-stereo option for the reverb in the Axe III, even though it would use double the CPU.

Last edited:
Posting this for posterity and the benefit of others. I started typing this response, but then discovered the truth.

(Original thinking)
Sorry, but that does not sound correct to me.

I run a dual delay with stereo feedback into a Reverb and it doesn't collapse to mono. I hear distinct left and right delay repeats.

Further, levipeto said it sounds like the Reverb and Delay are in parallel, not that he cannot hear the delay...

(After researching)
However, I just checked the Reverb block diagram in the manual... And I think understand (and you are correct).

so, let me see if i understand this properly: if I want a true stereo path from front to end with reverb, I'll need parallel signal paths of amp> cab > reverb (assuming I want time effects after cab) with each amp set to the proper input and each block panned either left or right relative to which side the signal path is for?

so, let me see if i understand this properly: if I want a true stereo path from front to end with reverb, I'll need parallel signal paths of amp> cab > reverb (assuming I want time effects after cab) with each amp set to the proper input and each block panned either left or right relative to which side the signal path is for?

It only becomes mono only if you use 100% mix for the reverb.

[EDIT]
I've removed this content and the link because it contains erroneous information. I'm not sure what the preset is/was trying to illustrate but it's full of a bunch of patently wrong values and adds nothing to the conversation
[/EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:
ok no details in the forum anymore got it. it was a preset to illustrate differences in routing possibilities and the resulting sound differences. who did i offend?

ok no details in the forum anymore got it. it was a preset to illustrate differences in routing possibilities and the resulting sound differences. who did i offend?
You didn't offend anybody but that preset is chock full of bad settings. Setting the time and size of the reverb block to their lowest values is not good practice. I don't want inexperienced users exposed to flawed presets and then complaining that things don't sound right. I'm not sure what you keep trying to achieve with all the bizarre reverb settings but I don't think you understand what the various controls do.

Back
Top Bottom