AFIII Axe-Fx III sounds JUST LIKE MY MESA BOOGIE MARK V!

So is this the moment when I reveal that the clips are the other way around? ;)
which way round? I didn't read anywhere which one is which. The track itself is titled differently than your description.
The overtone behavior is still different and bloody obvious so for me it doesn't matter which way round.
For me first clip is Axe Fx and second one is MKV

which way round? I didn't read anywhere which one is which. The track itself is titled differently than your description.
The overtone behavior is still different and bloody obvious so for me it doesn't matter which way round.
For me first clip is Axe Fx and second one is MKV

If you didn't read which was which, please explain this post below:

sorry but the distorted overtones have a totally different character than on your real MKV, they are way harsher, raspier and squirelly. On the real deal it sounds like the overtones compared to the normal note has a slight high roll-off. the base note you here is pretty spot on with the Axe. For me this overtonebehaviour is the only thing that makes the Axe Fx really different to real amps.

If you didn't read which was which, please explain this first post?
So today I decided that I'm doing this properly. A huge shoutout to a plugin that I LOVE that's called GlissEQ by Voxengo. It allows you to get multiple sources in the same frequency analyzer so I could compare the real amp and the Axe-Fx III "on top of each other" while a loop was playing. It's really easy to see where the differences in the spectrum are.

@ML - if I'm understanding correctly, you were able to tweak the Axe III properly because you could assess/analyze using the Voxengo plug in. So the big question is - how do you/we recreate this in the Axe III without using that plug-in? (with different amps, etc.)
Wondering if this needs to become a 'Wish List' candidate for the Axe III? (add the same capability that your plug in has)

@ML - if I'm understanding correctly, you were able to tweak the Axe III properly because you could assess/analyze using the Voxengo plug in. So the big question is - how do you/we recreate this in the Axe III without using that plug-in? (with different amps, etc.)
Wondering if this needs to become a 'Wish List' candidate for the Axe III? (add the same capability that your plug in has)
That would actually be really cool. So essentially it's what's happening in the tone match block but having those two spectrums on top of each other while a loop is playing, that's where you can actually tweak the amp to also react the same way dynamically. The only complaint about tone matching I really have is that it's "just EQ". It doesn't take to account the EQ balance before the drive section of the amp. This is why you can't f.ex. use tone matching to make a loose sound tighter etc.

In my wildest dreams there would be a dynamic tone match feature in the Fractal. Imagine it going into the advanced features to automatically fine tune your amp sim to react just like the real amp that you're trying to match. That would be sick. :)

After reading this thread you're a bit above my level of knowledge here... but I wanted to say thanks so much for this. I just received my Axe FX III this afternoon and was struggling to find something that sounds like my Mark V. What you came up with sounds very close! It's funny, I have this new device full of tones and capabilities and all I want to do is replicate the tube amp that's sitting right in front of me. :p

After reading this thread you're a bit above my level of knowledge here... but I wanted to say thanks so much for this. I just received my Axe FX III this afternoon and was struggling to find something that sounds like my Mark V. What you came up with sounds very close! It's funny, I have this new device full of tones and capabilities and all I want to do is replicate the tube amp that's sitting right in front of me. :p
First steps to justify selling your tube amps. ;)

Back
Top Bottom