Hello everyone...I'm new

Well sort of new.Ive been on here many times every since I got my first Axe fx. It was the Axe Fxll Mark ll. Ive had just about all of the amp modelers and processors made. Well still got em. I didn't have any idea on what i was in for when I plugged my guitar in to the Axe Fx ll Mark ll I was in Heaven! It blew them all away ! The Kemper Power Rack,Rack 11,Line 6 Pod Pro,Helix. When I Heard about the Axe Fx lll I knew i was going to try and get me one as soon as I could.As of Wed. of this week I now have one. To anyone who is putting off on getting the lll, don't put it off any longer if u can help it. It is such huge differance. I am very particular on my guitar sound and "Feel". I am a light player and my favorite part of the lll is the Feel of it. You don't feel like your doing a workout on a good lengthy speedy solo. Theres more punch to your sound just overall better. Oh also I forgot to mention that I'm using Demarzio noiseless pickups on a Strat. Imagine the response and sensitivity on some hotter pickups.
Well I just wanted to let everyone here know my feelings on coming from the Axe fx ll to the lll and I've only had it 2 days. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the knowledge and help u all give!

Well sort of new.Ive been on here many times every since I got my first Axe fx. It was the Axe Fxll Mark ll. Ive had just about all of the amp modelers and processors made. Well still got em. I didn't have any idea on what i was in for when I plugged my guitar in to the Axe Fx ll Mark ll I was in Heaven! It blew them all away ! The Kemper Power Rack,Rack 11,Line 6 Pod Pro,Helix. When I Heard about the Axe Fx lll I knew i was going to try and get me one as soon as I could.As of Wed. of this week I now have one. To anyone who is putting off on getting the lll, don't put it off any longer if u can help it. It is such huge differance. I am very particular on my guitar sound and "Feel". I am a light player and my favorite part of the lll is the Feel of it. You don't feel like your doing a workout on a good lengthy speedy solo. Theres more punch to your sound just overall better. Oh also I forgot to mention that I'm using Demarzio noiseless pickups on a Strat. Imagine the response and sensitivity on some hotter pickups.
Well I just wanted to let everyone here know my feelings on coming from the Axe fx ll to the lll and I've only had it 2 days. Thanks to everyone on this forum for all the knowledge and help u all give!
It’s posts like this that give high hopes that I may have finally found the solution I have been looking for since the mid-nineties. I’ve been through too many products offering similar promises. Let’s hope this one finally delivers. My unit arrives next week. I am hopeful, in part, due to what I have experienced with the Yamaha THR100HD... glorious tones without tubes. I’m just really ready to be able to be able to nail most any tone that way.

Im also new here and experienced what Tones_thegame did. Tried various modelers 11rack,helix ect...
Just could not find the tone and feel.
So, i thought well maybe im just an old guy past my prime in over my head with all this modeling. Took the plunge on axefx3 was simply amazed with presets and feel & just love it. Im learning more and more each day thanks to all on this site!

It’s posts like this that give high hopes that I may have finally found the solution I have been looking for since the mid-nineties. I’ve been through too many products offering similar promises. Let’s hope this one finally delivers. My unit arrives next week. I am hopeful, in part, due to what I have experienced with the Yamaha THR100HD... glorious tones without tubes. I’m just really ready to be able to be able to nail most any tone that way.

I can relate. I've been in and out of modelling since the Line 6 XT series. My main rig has always been a traditional tube amp with a pedal or too and some outboard effects. I used an XT Live off and on for smaller gigs, but it never displaced the tube amp. Then I tried the X3 series and it was marginally better. Then I had an Axe II XL+ that I flipped after a couple months (maybe I just needed more time). I spent a couple months with a Helix LT and felt like it was a little better, but ultimately got rid of it.

Now I've got the Axe-FX III, and it is becoming both my practice rig and my gigging rig. Over the last 2-3 years of focused tone searching I've probably flipped 15-18 tube amps (everything from Peavey to Carvin to Friedman and Hughes & Kettner)-not to mention dozens of overdrive pedals-trying to nail down my ideal lead and rhythm tones. In the 8 weeks that I've had the Axe III, I'm probably as close as I've ever gotten. The Axe III seems to have whatever I thought was previously missing in modelling, and I'm a guy who would have never thought I'd have anything except a tube amp as my primary rig.

The Axe3 was the best gear purchase of the year for me. I didn't get it to replace gear, but rather to integrate with it. It's taken everything I've thrown at it with flying colors. It's super easy to use for me and it just works. I get great base tones with very little tweaking, even though you CAN tweak a billion parameters. The real time IR mixing is brilliant.

I've found it hard to pull away from using it. I'll be investing in it more in the coming year. Case, FC Controller, Expression pedals, more IR's etc... Should be fun!

The Axe3 was the best gear purchase of the year for me. I didn't get it to replace gear, but rather to integrate with it. It's taken everything I've thrown at it with flying colors. It's super easy to use for me and it just works. I get great base tones with very little tweaking, even though you CAN tweak a billion parameters. The real time IR mixing is brilliant.

I've found it hard to pull away from using it. I'll be investing in it more in the coming year. Case, FC Controller, Expression pedals, more IR's etc... Should be fun!
Axe III is definitely the best gear I have purchased in a long time. I had been researching it for a long time before I pulled the trigger and could not be happier with it. And the presets are just awesome looking foward to learning all I can and building on all of the preset that are already Great.

Back
Top Bottom