Wish Pick attack

Randalljax

Axe-Master
i though this parameter was in the prior Axe
Anyway a discussion came up on another forum in regards to Chirp
And the Ax3 having a bit too much of that effect
A dial to dial in the sharper or softer attack and vary those dynamics would be cool

That chirp debate was getting on my nerves. Tube amps do it as well. Picks, make a big difference too. I like chirp. Always good to have options.

i though this parameter was in the prior Axe
Anyway a discussion came up on another forum in regards to Chirp
And the Ax3 having a bit too much of that effect
A dial to dial in the sharper or softer attack and vary those dynamics would be cool

I’ve managed to work around it by adjusting the input impedance in the Input 1 page.

Master volume cap, otherwise known as "make this amp a JCM800" is great for getting pick attack. It's that treble peaking explosion that sits just on top, but using electronic circuit instead of an EQ boost

Master volume cap, otherwise known as "make this amp a JCM800" is great for getting pick attack. It's that treble peaking explosion that sits just on top, but using electronic circuit instead of an EQ boost
A JCM800 does not have a cap on the master volume.

A JCM800 does not have a cap on the master volume.

:lightbulb: Annnnnd now I know that a JCM800 does not have a cap on the master volume. That master volume cap knob makes the treble peak-y sound of whatever does the treble peak-y sound in JCM800 preamp. high pass filter?? :telephonereceiver: I need to phone a friend on this one, I just use my ears. :toilet:

:lightbulb: Annnnnd now I know that a JCM800 does not have a cap on the master volume. That master volume cap knob makes the treble peak-y sound of whatever does the treble peak-y sound in JCM800 preamp. high pass filter?? :telephonereceiver: I need to phone a friend on this one, I just use my ears. :toilet:
Bright cap on an 800 is on the preamp volume I believe.

The only amps with a bright cap on the MV are Dumbles and their various clones/derivatives. This was/is done to compensate for the lack of a buffer for the fx loop. The loop send is taken right off the MV which means the output impedance is very high. Any significant length of cable will then attenuate the highs due to the cable capacitance. The bright cap boosts the highs to compensate. It's the same idea as a bright cap on your guitar's volume knob. Crude.

FWIW, this is a terrible loop design but "it's a Dumble" so it's all part of the mystique. Dumble then released the "Dumbleator" which is nothing more than a buffer and recovery in an external box. Dumble fanatics, of course, claim that to have the true Dumble experience you MUST use the Dumbleator which is just another load of BS.

Back
Top Bottom