AMP Block with FX Loop

APE

Inspired
In many real amps, between the preamp and power amp sections, there is an fx loop. Does Axe-FX have one and how do I use it?

I thought to put the "Enhancer" effect in an effects loop, not before the preamp, not after the power amp, but in the effects loop. Is this the right idea? And how do I do it?

Thank you.

A real amp effects loop is actually a hack to get effects like reverb and delay “after” the guitar amp. The real way was to add it to a recorded track.

On the Axe, we can do this by placing blocks after amp and cab. So we don’t need to place it between the preamp and power amp of the amp block.

Just put the enhancer after the amp and cab block.

It sounds better before the cab, after the amp.

The bbe sonic maximizer can be used in rack setups, not for recording. I've done it before. I did it with an effects loop. That worked.

The bbe sonic maximizer can be used in rack setups, not for recording. I've done it before. I did it with an effects loop. That worked.
then do that.

The Enhancer is not the same as a Sonic Maximizer... And it's typical use is at or very near the signal chain to give a larger stereo image.

Also, note that there have been a few discussions here on the "benefits" of the Sonic Maximizer... The general consensus is that they're mostly snake oil.

Maybe I'm getting it wrong, but isn't basically anything you place between the amp and cab block basically the same as an amp's FX loop? The actual Axe FX effects loop is just to insert external effects units into the virtual signal chain. So if you're hell bent on using the enhancer as in the classic FX loop I'd say just place it between the amp and cab blocks.

Also, note that there have been a few discussions here on the "benefits" of the Sonic Maximizer... The general consensus is that they're mostly snake oil.

Don't think the term "snake oil" applies. The discussion is more about whether its effect is desirable, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom