Anyone using the Behringer FCB1010?

phil92

Experienced
what are your experiences? Are you using the stock EPROM?

Is there a layout that will let me switch scenes on the bottom row and bypass blocks on the top row PLUS switch the layout on the fly to jump to individual patches directly?

Does it feel as cheap as it is? How usable are the expression pedals?

Any info is appreciated

Used one for several months with my Axe Fx II, not the III.

They are actually very well built considering the cost.

The expression pedals work well, however, for me personally they are too close together and I frequently activated both pedals accidentally.

I only used it with the UNO chip and the Control Center editing software. It was pretty simple to get presets, scenes and IAs configured and working.

It should not be much effort to get it to work with the III as well.

@decreebass is a big proponent of using the FCB with the Axe Fx III and the stock chip.

When you say "layout" do you mean like "pages" of settings similar to the FC and RJM pedals? I don't think that is possible with the FCB...

@phil92 Hey there! Yes, as @unix-guy mentioned, I LOVE the FCB1010 with no upgrade chip. I get through the whole gig using one bank (01):

Pedal 1: Scene 1 & 5 (toggle between the two)
Pedal 2: Scenes 2 & 6
Pedal 3: Scenes 3 & 7
Pedal 4: Scenes 4 & 8
Pedal 5: Tap Tempo
Pedal 6: Clean Triaxis Preset (with 8 varied scenes; the pedal itself toggles between my two favorite scenes)
Pedal 7: Dirty Triaxis Preset (with 8 scenes; like the clean, the pedal toggles between two favorite scenes)
Pedal 8: Acoustic Preset (only 1 scene for now)
Pedal 9: Delay 1 Block Toggle
Pedal 10: Reverb Block Toggle
EXP A: Volume
EXP B: Tuner (or you can use it for wah, whatever)

In reality, I could probably get by with fewer scenes; like maybe three per preset, but I have more just for variety. I could probably squeeze a few more functions out of this bank but it works for now. Might have to adjust fire as I start incorporating keyboards into my set and wish to control it with the FCB10101 as well (you can do that; since each function can be sent on its own channel!)

The expression pedals feel a bit too free, but they work fine. They're the only parts that feel cheap. The rest is rock solid. I've dropped mine on concrete in the rain before a gig and had no issues. I have a video series on YouTube about using the stock FCB1010 with the Axe Fx III (just look up "Axe-Fx III & FCB1010" username Ugly Bunny) and I'm extremely responsive to questions and requests. We're here to help :)

(FWIW, at home I use two other banks: bank (00) is my looper bank that also has presets, a couple scenes, and some other goodies, then bank (02) is my individual effects blocks bank). It's very easy and infinitely customizable)

Last edited:
Have you tried tightening the nuts? I think you can make them a bit more stuff.
No; haven't gotten around to it; I figured that was probably an option. They work perfectly fine and for my use, I basically use them both all the way on or off (toe up or down) so it's not a big deal. If I ever get into more subtlety, then I'll probably fuss with that :)

@phil92I have a video series on YouTube about using the stock FCB1010 with the Axe Fx III (just look up "Axe-Fx III & FCB1010" username Ugly Bunny) and I'm extremely responsive to questions and requests. We're here to help :)

thanks, that was extremely helpful! I've decided I'll go for it and try one. They're not as cheap over here as they are in Europe or the states, but still won't break the bank.

(FWIW, at home I use two other banks: bank (00) is my looper bank that also has presets, a couple scenes, and some other goodies, then bank (02) is my individual effects blocks bank). It's very easy and infinitely customizable)

so that means for every bank I can program the buttons differently? So I could in theory have a bank that will switch between 10 presets and another one that will let me switch between scenes and on/off blocks? So I could use one bank to select my preset and then hop to the other one to do my scene and block switching within the active preset? That sounds perfect for my way of thinking and that's what I meant by "layouts"...

so that means for every bank I can program the buttons differently? So I could in theory have a bank that will switch between 10 presets and another one that will let me switch between scenes and on/off blocks? So I could use one bank to select my preset and then hop to the other one to do my scene and block switching within the active preset? That sounds perfect for my way of thinking and that's what I meant by "layouts"...
Exactly! It's such a versatile little pedal. Since I've decided (reluctantly) to not try to have stereo when I gig, I've now set up another bank that's my "home practice bank," identical to my "gigging mono bank" but that accesses the same sounds but in stereo so I can have that at home and then not have to deep dive to change output modes when it's time for the gig.

Yeah, man, I actually really like editing on the pedal itself. It's fun, to me, at least :)

Exactly! It's such a versatile little pedal. Since I've decided (reluctantly) to not try to have stereo when I gig, I've now set up another bank that's my "home practice bank," identical to my "gigging mono bank" but that accesses the same sounds but in stereo so I can have that at home and then not have to deep dive to change output modes when it's time for the gig.

Yeah, man, I actually really like editing on the pedal itself. It's fun, to me, at least :)

ah, sweet!

and unless you really need all ten banks you can just reserve one as a scratchpad to try out stuff...

thanks again for your insight! I will definitely give this a shot

Exactly. IMO, having more than a couple presets is overkill. I certainly don't need 100, or even 50, or really even 10. You can have a "kitchen sink" preset with all the drives and mods you could want and then just use all the pedals to change channels and scenes and whatnot and never need more than one preset.

FWIW, I run five presets and use scenes and IAs to change settings. My footpedal, was FCB1010 now MFC, is set for two banks so that I can access the current and previous versions of the five. Then, if a new version doesn’t work at a gig I can rapidly go back to the previous version. The reason I changed from FCB to MFC was to get more IAs.

The AxeFX has a lot more presets where I’ve tried different things. At home I access them from the front panel.

FWIW, I run five presets and use scenes and IAs to change settings. My footpedal, was FCB1010 now MFC, is set for two banks so that I can access the current and previous versions of the five. Then, if a new version doesn’t work at a gig I can rapidly go back to the previous version. The reason I changed from FCB to MFC was to get more IAs.

The AxeFX has a lot more presets where I’ve tried different things. At home I access them from the front panel.
Question: What is an IA?

so, after quite a wait I was able to pick up my FCB1010 from the store yesterday.

It was a breeze to set up, the programming is pretty straight forward and painless and it works flawlessly:

on bank 00 I have buttons 1-5 set up to select scenes, 6-9 to toggle phaser, flanger, driva and delay, 10 as tap tempo

bank 1 I left at the factory setting and remapped the Axe FX to that I can recall my user presets (currently starting at 400)

the pedals I have set up as volume and auto engage wah (while using a multiplexer so I can control the speed of a rotary in a second scene of one preset)

so thanks for the help guys, this thing is pretty neat!

I need help!
Behringer FCB1010 pedal users.
What are the "Volume" settings?
I can't use it well.
The volume goes high. Almost useless.
These experiments! - but I don't know what a good setting would be.
The problem! Volume control is not gradual.
Anyone who uses the Behringer FCB1010 pedal will definitely notice the problem.
Thanks for the help.
Otherwise, the Behringer FCB1010 pedal is very good.
I can easily switch 10 programs, and use the volume and wah pedal for the two pedals.
The Wah pedal is very super.I love it very much.

@Jozsef Kiss I wonder if maybe you didn't attach the volume pedal to the Output block instead of the volume block? It works perfectly for me. I have the default CC that EXP A is set to in the FCB1010 attached as "External Controller 1" (go to external controller 1, tap "enter" and it'll "listen" for you to move the volume pedal.). Then, in the volume block, set the controller as External 1.

I apologize if this isn't too clear - I don't have my rig in front of me at the moment, but it should work if you have everything set up right.

@Jozsef Kiss I wonder if maybe you didn't attach the volume pedal to the Output block instead of the volume block? It works perfectly for me. I have the default CC that EXP A is set to in the FCB1010 attached as "External Controller 1" (go to external controller 1, tap "enter" and it'll "listen" for you to move the volume pedal.). Then, in the volume block, set the controller as External 1.

I apologize if this isn't too clear - I don't have my rig in front of me at the moment, but it should work if you have everything set up right.
Thanks!
This is a good idea!
I did not think about it!

Back
Top Bottom