Wish: Some kind Financing for Fractal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jvstrat

Experienced
Just had an idea and was wondering if Fractal had ever thought of getting some kind of financing available through like Synchrony Bank or something since that's what Guitar Center, Sweetwater, and Sam Ash all use? I bet they would sell even more units getting some kind of 0% financing deal like all those companies do. I know I would pull the trigger on an Axe 3 and sell my 2 if I could do it like that so my old lady wouldn't open a can of whoop ass on me for taking out of our savings. ;)

Sweetwater, Lowes, (Synchrony), etc. are just regular credit cards that you have to qualify for with occasional 0% promotion offers. Their hope is that you don't pay it in the time frame agreed on and they charge you boatloads of interest, retroactively to the first payment.

I got a Citibank card a few years back that adds 2 years to the manufacturers warranty and gives other protection like ability to return when mfg. won't take it back, theft protection, etc. A few months ago they sent me an offer giving 1 year of 0% purchases. I haven't used my Sweetwater card since. May not be an immediate fix but there are some other options for you.

They could put an Affirm link on the page I guess. I don't know how involved that is, but there is a little Affirm blurb on a bunch of sites I go to now. Everything from exercise equipment, Jeep parts, guitars, etc. You don't even take a hit on your credit for using them, as they aren't really a credit card from what I understand.

I have had and used my Sweetwater 0% interest card for a very long time. Never had an issue. But I have to believe that for this special deal that Sweetwater pays for it $$$. They do a huge business so it probably is a wash. But FAS, not so much. As much as we like FAS they are still a small business.Notice the companies that have these cards are Big time huge sales nationwide businesses.
Not saying I wouldn't like it though....I would be ordering a III right now. But it has to work for FAS also......I have 2 very low, by todays standards credit cards-lowest being 6%, but that adds up quick

This is exactly the problem credit cards solve. There's nothing special with Affirm or Synchrony aside from the loan being a one-time thing instead of being available to you on an ongoing basis.

This is exactly the problem credit cards solve. There's nothing special with Affirm or Synchrony aside from the loan being a one-time thing instead of being available to you on an ongoing basis.
Actually, the Synchrony card (at least the one for Sweetwarer) is pretty much a revolving credit card, but it is limited to a single seller.

So it's covered by what a credit card does and my point stands.

If you want financing, go get. Nothing Fractal is doing is preventing you from financing Fractal gear.
I guess my point was that you said "a one time thing". Maybe I misunderstood your point?

In any case, yes, they are basically "special" credit cards. They also have a really high interest rate. Something like 25% or more... Which is why I only use mine on the 0% promos and auto pay the monthly payments so I will not be seeing that rate!

Speaking of that, I've been seeing these ads the last few days for American Express "plan and pay", which is kind of similar.

So it's covered by what a credit card does and my point stands.

If you want financing, go get. Nothing Fractal is doing is preventing you from financing Fractal gear.

Not sure I understand your point about the Sweetwater card Ian? It is ALWAYS 0% financing.....no gimmicks. Not a one time thing either. how is that the same as others and a one time thing? Sweetwater ALWAYS has 24 month 0% financing and then every few months they do 36 and 48, all 0% financing. Of course if you do not pay that is one you.. yes a very high rate....
I pay 2 weeks ahead and autopay thru my bank with notifications. AFter the first payment, it becomes a regular monthly payment.

BTW, my post above clearly states my position on his query....Not feasible for FAS......

Last edited:
Should I understand that? Because I don't, Sorry............

Put on lipstick, get money...basic equation.
when-bank-asks-you-to-submit-your-source-of-income-29760003.png

0% cards turn into 25%+ cards the moment you miss a single payment. That's their entire business model. Read the fine print. And also, now that prime rate is going up, 0% will soon disappear altogether.

0% cards turn into 25%+ cards the moment you miss a single payment. That's their entire business model. Read the fine print. And also, now that prime rate is going up, 0% will soon disappear altogether.

Yes I know that and I also STATED that.
That is the reason I also "stated" that I use autopay, 2 weeks ahead of time with notifications and reminders. A nuclear war would would be the only reason I miss a payment and at that time I wouldn't really need to worry.
The deal is OK for some and not OK for those that don't understand the risk and act accordingly.
It certainly is not good for all of us.............

Exactly. People who lack the financial discipline to only spend what they can afford tend to get carried away with loans and eventually they have to pay more than they have in their account. That’s where the real “fun” begins for the lender.

We’re not talking about folks who can afford expensive gear without loans. As you suggested those folks will just set up autopay and get 0% APR, which is nice. But they’re also a small minority of those who take out these loans.

Methinks its always a bad idea to pay for consumer goods with borrowed money. Unless you're a professional musician the Axe is a piece of consumer electronics. Don't go into debt for consumer electronics. It's not worth it. Patience and saving are your friends. As is selling some other gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom