Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 2.03

Just installed 2.03 and my patches with global amp blocks are all disconnected. They show connected but none of them are reading the global block settings. Anyone else?

Just verified. Rolled back to 2.02, added my backup bank A and it is all working now. So there is something wrong with global blocks.

Can't reproduce. My global Amp blocks are still linked, and changing a setting carries over to other presets with the same global amp.

Regarding the new cab block room parameters, I'm not hearing any difference between the room and hall modes or the LF/HF damping parameters even with the room level/size cranked. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

It's very subtle. If using a bright tone the HF Damping will be more obvious.

As I said before I recommend using the Early Reflections in the Reverb block if you are not adding reverb after in post.

It's very subtle. If using a bright tone the HF Damping will be more obvious.

As I said before I recommend using the Early Reflections in the Reverb block if you are not adding reverb after in post.
THe room parameter IME, is much more apparent when using headphones, and is very pleasant indeed, when used with lower gain and .fendery tones.

Can't reproduce. My global Amp blocks are still linked, and changing a setting carries over to other presets with the same global amp.

My local friend has the same issue. All patches using the global 1 AMP BLOCK are reset to stock values, even on one patch all the amps were the same one, I used to have an ac-20 for clean on A, it was the bogner fish on all 4 channels.

I reverted back to 2.02, applied my bank A and all was fine. I tried putting the patches back on 2.03 but no luck. The patches I know what the amp values are, were stock, even after applying the preset back. I'll try again today.

Last edited:
Loving the grinder boost; takes the Recto from a fart machine to a chugga-chugga monster.

Here's a quick clip with the Euro Uber in a mix; the first and third time the riff is played is without the grinder boost, the second and fourth times are with it engaged.

Regarding the new cab block room parameters, I'm not hearing any difference between the room and hall modes or the LF/HF damping parameters even with the room level/size cranked. Anyone else experiencing the same thing?

That sounded kick ass.

Loving the grinder boost; takes the Recto from a fart machine to a chugga-chugga monster.

Here's a quick clip with the Euro Uber in a mix; the first and third time the riff is played is without the grinder boost, the second and fourth times are with it engaged.

Hey Leon,
I've tried it and can definitely hear a big difference between hall and room mode.

Thank's for the quick response,maybe i'm blind,just cannot find it,sorry.

In Axe Edit:

Look at the pre amp tabs; on the right side will be a boost parameter where you can select gain (defaults to +12dB) and type (defaults to Neutral)

On the box, same logic.

So what exactly is the difference between the amp boost and the drive block. I usually use drives (ts808 mod) mostly. I tried bypassing the drive block and adding a boost (same ts808 mod) in the amp block. The sound is vastly different. Much less bass/more highs using the boost vs using the drive block.

So what exactly is the difference between the amp boost and the drive block. I usually use drives (ts808 mod) mostly. I tried bypassing the drive block and adding a boost (same ts808 mod) in the amp block. The sound is vastly different. Much less bass/more highs using the boost vs using the drive block.

I'd say in the drive block there are more controlling parameters like slew, clip type, multiple EQs, high and low shelf, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom