New Tremolo Models on the II?

My ignorant guess is that there’s a better chance that you will just purchase a III.......but anything’s possible, CPU and FAS willing....

Yeah, that probably won't happen till my XL decides to bite the dust..... but I guess anything could happen. I just hate to have to start over from the ground up with rack unit and controller when there is really nothing wrong with what I have now(XL and MFC mk3) and I don't really want to have to jump to a 6u rack case, lol.

what is 'wrong' with it is that it doesn't have a harmonic tremolo mode. You've now got a perfectly valid 'reason' to upgrade. Your welcome =)

The AX8 is not discontinued and users would really benefit and love the new tremolos, if they can be fitted in the AX8 the Axe FX II could also get them.

The AX8 is not discontinued and users would really benefit and love the new tremolos, if they can be fitted in the AX8 the Axe FX II could also get them.

I'm sure they would, but FAS would also benefit from selling more III's, so we will have to see what happens

They also need to sell AX8 and FX8s..... more accesible products need to move more in the market.

And people who paid nearly 2.5x as much money to upgrade to a III also want to feel they got 'value' for their purchase....

I had an AX8 (twice in fact) and one of the things I did really miss was the bias tremolo. At the same time, when I chose to sell mine, and upgrade to the III, I did so because I wanted certain features. If I could of just sat on my AX8 for another month, got a bias trem, and a harmonic tremolo, for free, I might be a bit salty over why I just dropped $2500, no ? See how folks who paid for a first class airline ticket would react if the airline went and gave away free cocktails to everyone in coach.

Obviously we've got different stakes in the game though... Youv'e got an AX8 and want as much as possible from it, to which I don't blame you, and I bought a III, in part because I felt it was going to provide me with new and advanced features I couldn't otherwise get from my II or AX8.

I don't really care that much either way, and its nothing personal, BUT, at least to some degree, whenever we get a cool new III feature, that no one else gets, it in some ways further validates my decision to buy the III. I already thought it was a good value as is, but with each and every new feature it gets, it makes me like it even more. That is just human nature.

And people who paid nearly 2.5x as much money to upgrade to a III also want to feel they got 'value' for their purchase....

I had an AX8 (twice in fact) and one of the things I did really miss was the bias tremolo. At the same time, when I chose to sell mine, and upgrade to the III, I did so because I wanted certain features. If I could of just sat on my AX8 for another month, got a bias trem, and a harmonic tremolo, for free, I might be a bit salty over why I just dropped $2500, no ? See how folks who paid for a first class airline ticket would react if the airline went and gave away free cocktails to everyone in coach.

Obviously we've got different stakes in the game though... Youv'e got an AX8 and want as much as possible from it, to which I don't blame you, and I bought a III, in part because I felt it was going to provide me with new and advanced features I couldn't otherwise get from my II or AX8.

I don't really care that much either way, and its nothing personal, BUT, at least to some degree, whenever we get a cool new III feature, that no one else gets, it in some ways further validates my decision to buy the III. I already thought it was a good value as is, but with each and every new feature it gets, it makes me like it even more. That is just human nature.

There is plenty on the III for you to 'value' for your purchase, Tremolo updates have nothing to do with that.

There is plenty on the III for you to 'value' for your purchase, Tremolo updates have nothing to do with that.

If having insane amounts of DSP and being able to run insane long FX chains without running into DSP overload is not enough reason by itself to buy the III then I don't know what is. Compared to that the bias tremelo basically means f*** all in reasons to drop $2500 on the damn thing. Man, I LOVE my XL+. It's the first modeler that made me ditch my analog setups. But I don't like its DSP limitations. So what was it? 2 or 4 times as much DSP as the XL+? If that's all I would get, with all the sounds as in the XL+ and I had the money? Sign me up for that shit!

Back
Top Bottom