New Axe-Fx lll owner

Jim Dimenno

I have had the FX lll for a couple of weeks now after selling my FX ll+ and taking the plunge. What attracted me was the big increase in processing power along with some pretty impressive YouTube vids of the unit. I must say I find the amps more articulate, if you will. I have not gone through them all but so far I find the Mesa Recs have much more clarity in their roar now, still in love with the Plexis and some of the models seem to have a little more bite--yesssssss! But the effects! Those delays and verbs! It just blows me away every time I play through it. Playing in stereo is new to me and I am hooked! FAS, well done!!

I noticed the delays and verbs have something to them that was not there in the XL, the amps do as well, especially the fenders. Overall it is a quite noticeable improvement. Welcome to threedom!

I noticed the delays and verbs have something to them that was not there in the XL, the amps do as well, especially the fenders. Overall it is a quite noticeable improvement. Welcome to threedom!

Oh yeah. I've always been a fan of spatial effects. I remember listening to some of the 80's hair bands and thinking how cool the "arena rock" sound was! I was never quite able to really achieve those sounds until now! And then some!! Why, I can actually make it drip and ooze from my speakers if I want to!!
MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmwwwwwwwwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Sorry, too much caffeine today. But you get the point.

I have had the FX lll for a couple of weeks now after selling my FX ll+ and taking the plunge. What attracted me was the big increase in processing power along with some pretty impressive YouTube vids of the unit. I must say I find the amps more articulate, if you will. I have not gone through them all but so far I find the Mesa Recs have much more clarity in their roar now, still in love with the Plexis and some of the models seem to have a little more bite--yesssssss! But the effects! Those delays and verbs! It just blows me away every time I play through it. Playing in stereo is new to me and I am hooked! FAS, well done!!
Hi

I am thinking about getting the III. I have heard the amp models sound more "realistic" and have also heard the amp models have a more realistic "feel" in regards to how the AXE reacts to your touch

Do you agree?

If one can spend the money do you feel the extra $$$ is worth it?
I had a AX8 and an AXE 2. Just sold my AX8 like an idiot and got a Kemper. I like the Fractal better. So after two days I am returning the Kemper and will get an AXE.....Grrrr

The FX lll is a feel players dream imho. Touch sensitive, cleans up at the guitars volume control. Its a big step up from the FX ll. I also own an FX8 which is great. I run that with a pair of Vox AC10s. The stereo effects are awesome. Lets just say I am a very happy customer!
Jim

I must say after having the II, the III is a pretty big step up. Having a nice color interface is a huge improvement. Plus to me it sounds a bit "better" overall I would say. And it's quite a bit more powerful...

The FX lll is a feel players dream imho. Touch sensitive, cleans up at the guitars volume control. Its a big step up from the FX ll. I also own an FX8 which is great. I run that with a pair of Vox AC10s. The stereo effects are awesome. Lets just say I am a very happy customer!
Jim

True dat ... volume knob on guitar works amazingly well ... take a plexi for example. Dime your guitar and it’s crunchy plus, roll back to clean.

Back
Top Bottom