AFIII Blues Breaker + Treble Booster + '61 Les Paul (SG Std) = Blues Bliss

Burgs

Power User
Inspired by my first ever listen to the classic Blues Breaker album yesterday, I wanted to give that tone a shot myself. It was late and I couldn't fire up up my own Blues Breaker loudly enough to cut it, so I went to Axe-FX III and built a virtual rig. Even I was surprised at the dynamic qualities it gave me. Note that I backed the Input down to 90K as per Austin Buddy's advice. It works a treat.

Preset link: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6648

Enjoyable as always. Makes me want to sit back and have a beer in a smokey blues club. But without the smoke. And it's 9am and I am having coffee. Ah well.

Oh my. This sounds lovely! FWIW; I absolutely LOVE the Big Log preset you put on the exchange. Best strat guitar tone of all time, imo.

Oh my. This sounds lovely! FWIW; I absolutely LOVE the Big Log preset you put on the exchange. Best strat guitar tone of all time, imo.
So glad you're enjoying that one. All I have to do is learn to play the blessed thing properly! Haha. Cheers!

Enjoyable as always. Makes me want to sit back and have a beer in a smokey blues club. But without the smoke. And it's 9am and I am having coffee. Ah well.

I never fancied myself as a blues player. I don't listen to it and have never bought a 'true' blues album, apart from the stuff that appears on Zep albums. Funny how a 'style' just surfaces. Thanks for the kind words, I'll have a beer with you in that club someday. :)

Me Being old, that album was my first real introduction to Clapton when it came out in the US.then Cream came along soon after and really blew our 14 year old minds. It’s pretty amazing who passed in and out of Mayall’s band for decades........Peter Green, Mick Taylor, EC, John McVie, Harvey Mandel, etc.....

Back
Top Bottom