I just pulled the trigger on an Axe-FX III!!!

boyedav

Inspired
Ordered yesterday. I sat on the fence too long and didn't order in time to have it for the upcoming long weekend. D'oh!

I actually had an Axe-FX II XL+ for a bit and ended up selling it. I probably just needed to be more patient. It's occurred to me that I've spent 25+ years becoming proficient at dialing in pedals and traditional amps, swapping in different preamp tubes, etc. Getting a good base tone isn't that tough, it's that last 5-10% that takes the time and effort. I need to give myself a similar amount of runway when it comes to the Axe-FX. I'm hopeful that it'll become my main rig for gigging, and I even purchased the 3-year warranty because I'm optimistic I'll be holding onto it.

I thought about just getting an Ax8 for the grab-and-go aspect, but it sounds like the changes they've been able to implement with the amp modelling algorithms because of the increased processing power make the Axe III a better choice for me. And even though I don't layer a lot of effects, it'll be a long time before I'll run out of processing power, if ever ;-)

Plus, who doesn't love new gear?

I actually had an Axe-FX II XL+ for a bit and ended up selling it. I probably just needed to be more patient.

It seems much easier to get a good sound on the AXE3 than it was on the XL or AX8. A lot of the presets are a great starting point.

Back
Top Bottom