Wish Link blocks for bypass

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
I wish we could link blocks per preset so that bypassing/engaging one block would also engage/bypass linked block.
This would get us closer to multi effect blocks.
For example linking Rotary+EQ, Drive+Pich, Delay+Reverb etc.

Last edited:
Cool idea... But you can already do it with scenes ;)

I think it holds merit as a concept that goes beyond just bypass, if you could store several linked blocks all as we recallable block in the library.

So if for example you had a delay, with a pitch effect and then a phaser or something, set up on just the repeats, you could click on the grid in Axe Edit and have those three blocks all linked together, so you could put it into other presets much easier than having to add the delay, add the pitch block etc

Not a must have, but nice way to associate several blocks which you use together, into an easier to manage and share organization.

Right now it’s either single block, or you have to do it as a preset, but maybe you just want to share an effects chain of several blocks, no good way to do it really.

I think it holds merit as a concept that goes beyond just bypass, if you could store several linked blocks all as we recallable block in the library.

So if for example you had a delay, with a pitch effect and then a phaser or something, set up on just the repeats, you could click on the grid in Axe Edit and have those three blocks all linked together, so you could put it into other presets much easier than having to add the delay, add the pitch block etc

Not a must have, but nice way to associate several blocks which you use together, into an easier to manage and share organization.

Right now it’s either single block, or you have to do it as a preset, but maybe you just want to share an effects chain of several blocks, no good way to do it really.
But this is distinctly different than what the OP asked for. What you are talking about has also been wished for in another thread.

But this is distinctly different than what the OP asked for. What you are talking about has also been wished for in another thread.

I was expanding upon the basic concept he asked for and showing how a “linking” feature would not just allow a shared bypass, but also provide additional functionality.

And I know it’s been suggested before because I’ve spoken of it in threads where people want added features like eq’s in a given block.

None of this stuff exists in a vacuum after all, it’s all related and ideas can and should be refined and expanded on, which ultimately improves the unit and the workflow for everyone.

Someone asks for this, Cliff responds it’s not possible, someone else suggests that it might work if soemthing else could be done, Cliff says that just might work, next thing you know, new feature added, addressing one issue and solving a few others many didn’t even know they had

You’ve been around these forums long enough to see how collaborative the development process is.

Cool idea... But you can already do it with scenes ;)

Scenes are great, but they affect all blocks. And in most cases I want to affect only the effect i'm controlling. For example if engage some effects and then change scene - I lose my effect changes. This could work if you carefully pre program everything, but for spontaneous effect bypass it would not work.

You can turn on/off multiple blocks with one IA using one of the external controllers from the midi menu.
Assign a midi cc number to an external controller.
Add a modifier in the blocks you want to switch and choose the external controller as source. Done.

And then: External controllers hold their status/value even when you leave the preset.
A modifier on the bypass parameter overrides settings in the scene, it is the only source then to define whether the block is on or off.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom