"ML Greatest Hits" - 2018 BLACK NOVEMBER PACK!

Just unzipped this last night and went through a few. As someone relatively new to the IR rabbit hole, it’s really nice to have the variety and quality in 22 IRs. The Bulb and Mikko’s cab work really well blended, and the Brit cream is a great match for the Dirty Shirley!

Just unzipped this last night and went through a few. As someone relatively new to the IR rabbit hole, it’s really nice to have the variety and quality in 22 IRs. The Bulb and Mikko’s cab work really well blended, and the Brit cream is a great match for the Dirty Shirley!
Thank you so much for the awesome feedback and I'm happy to see that the pack works exactly the way I planned it. :)

I’ve purchased a lot of his packs and Matt makes me hesitate.
Will I contribute to a Lamborghini or not ? ;)
There is no sarcasm emoji is there? Let's just say that I'm 6'4 and will not fit in a Lambo. Also I just became a dad so I'm only looking at cars that can fit a stroller, baby seat, two guitar cabs and a dozen guitars. :D Please contribute to that, I HAVE A BABY!! (Playing that card now. ;) )

I probably own all the packs that these impulses came from, but I bought this anyway because I support Mikko.

I just went through a bunch of my patches and I plan to remove all my impulses and just use these. They really are the best selections from all of Mikko's work. Do yourself a favor, especially if you don't have all of Mikko's packs and pick this one up now!!! It's worth the value simply for the fact that Mikko made a choice of what the best sounding impulse is for each cab. No one needs hundreds of impulses of the same cab. They just need one that perfectly captures the characteristics of that cab and that is what this pack is. Masterpiece!!!
Matt I'm extremely happy to hear this coming from you. :) One of the main reasons I'm good at what I do is that I'm one of you guys. I'm not a corporation or someone "just running a business" who doesn't really play guitar or even mix music. (... who yet thinks he's fully capable of adding EQ to IR's AWW SNAP!) I don't have to create questionnaires to try and find out what people want. I'm one of you guys and I have the same needs as you guys have.

Honestly I love the awesome archive of tens of thousands of IR's that I've created during these years but seriously, if I want to enjoy myself and play guitar there's no way I'm diving into that. And I'm pretty geeky with IR's even, if I think about someone who just started learning about IR's how are they ever going to find "the best IR's" and how long will it take for them until they get to actually play their instrument? So... I've had a top list of IR's in my Axe-Fx that has changed every week throughout all these years and what's left is the ones that make my guitars sound great every single time. That's four years of testing and trying out different things and this is what came out. This is me giving the keys to my Lamborghini. (I actually drive a Ford Focus)

Matt I'm extremely happy to hear this coming from you. :) One of the main reasons I'm good at what I do is that I'm one of you guys. I'm not a corporation or someone "just running a business" who doesn't really play guitar or even mix music. (... who yet thinks he's fully capable of adding EQ to IR's AWW SNAP!) I don't have to create questionnaires to try and find out what people want. I'm one of you guys and I have the same needs as you guys have.

Honestly I love the awesome archive of tens of thousands of IR's that I've created during these years but seriously, if I want to enjoy myself and play guitar there's no way I'm diving into that. And I'm pretty geeky with IR's even, if I think about someone who just started learning about IR's how are they ever going to find "the best IR's" and how long will it take for them until they get to actually play their instrument? So... I've had a top list of IR's in my Axe-Fx that has changed every week throughout all these years and what's left is the ones that make my guitars sound great every single time. That's four years of testing and trying out different things and this is what came out. This is me giving the keys to my Lamborghini. (I actually drive a Ford Focus)

Thank you Mikko for all of your dedication to making the best IR's you can for all of us. I for one really appreciate you. Congrats on the baby and I wish you all the best moving forward as always.

Hop, purchased !
Sure, these IRs sound great !

Congratulations for the baby :)
I hope that you’re not too tired.
Thank you buddy and yeah I wish I could sleep more but things are really great. Right now I feel like life before having the baby didn't really make much sense. Now everything has a purpose. :)

These cabs are phenomenal. There’s four or five that I love right off the bat. It took my ears a few to get used to them and I ended up cutting at 125 and 8k using the new L6 H12 slope filter. All of the cabs are outstanding.

I also experimented with the vintage preamp at high quality. Glorious! Thanks Mikko. Your cab is one of my favs. You’ve been holding out on us!

As an Axe 3 -and- Helix Floor user, is there any way to buy this pack in high rez .WAV format so I can use them in my Axe 3 and my Helix ?

Ben

As an Axe 3 -and- Helix Floor user, is there any way to buy this pack in high rez .WAV format so I can use them in my Axe 3 and my Helix ?

Ben
Yeah this is a Fractal Audio release so it's exclusive to Fractal Audio hardware. You can use these with Cab-Lab 3 VST plugin and standalone though.

Well .... thats disappointing ....... is there a reason ?!?!? ...... as I think these are the only (?) IR's that seem to not come in .WAV format.

Only possible reason I can think of is possible piracy (?) ...... otoh theres a massive market of non-Axe gear ...... Helix / Kemper / AFire / GE200 / 300 / IR Loaders / DAW loaders etc...... thats a massive amount of potential sales forgone *if* it is piracy related (?)

......oh well .....

Ben

These cabs are phenomenal. There’s four or five that I love right off the bat. It took my ears a few to get used to them and I ended up cutting at 125 and 8k using the new L6 H12 slope filter. All of the cabs are outstanding.

I also experimented with the vintage preamp at high quality. Glorious! Thanks Mikko. Your cab is one of my favs. You’ve been holding out on us!
Thank you so much! :) It's no wonder that there are some hidden treasures within those 2000 IR packs that many people have never tried out. Right now I'm loving the Brit Cream 4x12 from this pack A LOT. Those original Creambacks are really nice sounding I must say.

Purchased. Really liked the sound of the Angle Severe + Angle cab in the YT clip, and I also like this approach of not getting .zip with endless of IR files ... that has kind of made me loose my head up until now ...

Well .... thats disappointing ....... is there a reason ?!?!? ...... as I think these are the only (?) IR's that seem to not come in .WAV format.

Only possible reason I can think of is possible piracy (?) ...... otoh theres a massive market of non-Axe gear ...... Helix / Kemper / AFire / GE200 / 300 / IR Loaders etc...... thats a massive amount of potential sales forgone *if* it is piracy related (?)

Ben
It's just that they're being sold through Fractal Audio so they're primarily meant for Fractal Audio users. Exclusivity to high quality guitar sounds and all that. I have been thinking about making some .wav releases as well but these exact IR's will forever be Fractal Audio exclusive.

Purchased. Really liked the sound of the Angle Severe + Angle cab in the YT clip, and I also like this approach of not getting .zip with endless of IR files ... that has kind of made me loose my head up until now ...
So happy to hear that. There are definitely some nice hidden gems in these packs that I'm happy to bring forth in this pack. :) Unsung heroes and all that. And yes, I think people are tired of going through hundreds of IR's and it ends up getting in the way of your playing.

@ben ifin , the propietary ir/syx formats have always been this way for Cab Packs sold in the Fractal Store and conversion is not possible. would be great if Mikko could release a few WAVs of his second place greatest hits....

Back
Top Bottom