USB and SPDiF issues connected at the same time?

blearyeyes

Inspired
I'm having an issue with SPDIF and sample rate. I have both the usb and spdif connected because when inspired to play I can just turn on and listen directly to the SPDIF through studio monitors without running LOGIC. But I'm having an issue with glitches that sound like sample rate mismatch via the spdif. In the Focurite software if I try to make the FX the master sync source it reverts to 44.1Khz fsr and will not allow setting to 48k. I have gone through everything ( logic, audio midi and set it up for 48Khz fsr. I read somewhere that the FX needs to be master?

I'm confused.
Any input welcome..:eek:o_O;):)

Last edited:
Try allowing the Focusrite (which I don’t have experience with, ymmv) to be master sync at 48k, and of course the project setting in Logic as well, and see what happens.

Try allowing the Focusrite (which I don’t have experience with, ymmv) to be master sync at 48k, and of course the project setting in Logic as well, and see what happens.

You may have overlooked this from my original post:

"In the Focurite software if I try to make the FX the master sync source it reverts to 44.1Khz fsr and will not allow setting to 48k. I have gone through everything ( logic, audio midi and set it up for 48Khz fsr. I read that the FX needs to be master?"

Last edited:
It is set with the focusrite as master but that is when I get glitches while monitoring via SPDIF. Just trying to resolve the issue. FX set to auto as far as digital sync goes but I have both USB and SPDIF connected to it. Used to just use word clock and black burst to everything except my pet dinosaur.

If you want the Focusrite to be master while playing guitar through Axe-FX (and using digital output), you need to set the Axe word clock to SPDIF/AES and use a second cable from Focusrite SPDIF out to Axe SPDIF in. Did you try that?

Second SPDIF cable arrives tomorrow. That will probably solve the issue.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Yes.... when I started using the Focusrite as master and used two SPDIF cables to get the clock out of the Focusrite into the AXE with this setting:
I/O MENU
AUDIO~WORD CLOCK~ SPDIF/AES IN
and
SPDIF/AES SELECT ~ SPDIF

The Focusrite only switched to 44.1 when I tried to set it to SLAVE...

Back
Top Bottom