Black friday - Are all guitarists equal ?

Tomorrow is not Black Friday. Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving. There is no other definition for it, no matter how long before or after that date sales start or end or whatever.

I believe the term originally was used in association with a financial collapse of the gold market in the 1800’s and only began to be associated with the start of the holiday shopping season in recent decades.

However, I was just at Home Depot (US based home improvement store) on November 2nd, and they already had all these tables set up in the middle of the isles with “black Friday” sales. It’s increasingly become more of a month as far as retail is concerned.

What is this weird "I'm not an American I'm not treated right" thing? If you want to blame someone for not getting a discount, don't point the finger here, point it at your country and their taxation policies and the fact that things basically cost more to do business. U.S. companies can't dictate how their foreign distributors market and function on your particular economic corridor. If you think your human rights to price equality for consumer electronics has been impinged upon, vote.
I for one would gladly pay 10% extra for being able to live in my home country... as I do for most things that I buy. This is one of the things that ensures there essentially are no homeless people in Finland.

I think this is a case of people not understanding how things work. Internet makes people forget about things like these. Many tube amps are almost twice as expensive in Europe and Australia etc.

Would distributors in Australia offer a discount based off of an artificially created 'sale day' after an American-only Holiday? Answers itself, and has nothing to do with FAS.

And yes, apparently retailers have regarded Xmas as a 3 month reason to have 'HUGE BLOWOUT SALES!'

Ugh.

Reactions: Ole
Trust me, it sounds great no matter what you pay for it :) I would rather feel a little discomfort in my wallet, knowing I'm contributing to keeping the best guitar device and company on earth being developed and sold.

Here's a little bit of an email I sent another customer tonight:

Remember that a distributor is basically a fully independent company, purchasing from Fractal Audio. We support them with wholesale pricing, but remember also that our prices here in the USA and Canada are actually LOW since we do pass on some of the savings of having no "middle man" to our customers. Also remember that the dealer has additional costs:

1. Import costs and logistics.
2. Staff and Systems for online orders, fulfillment, etc.
3. 2 years extra warranty included (in Europe anyway) ... here we charge for this.
4. Staff for support (especially in foreign languages)
5. Marketing, advertising, etc.
6. Manual and web site translations
7. Possible hardware repair department.
8. Regular biz overhead (legal, accounting, utilities, insurance, etc.)
9. Of course, they do to make a living, so they need to pay their own salaries too.

Of course, at the moment, the strong dollar is not helping customers in other markets.

By the way, Black Friday is part of the US American Thanksgiving "tradition" so I wouldn't expect to see it "celebrated" around the world.

Hmm... in general I'd like to say that I'm not a huge fan of this era where customers "attack" manufacturers with demands. Prices for just about all products vary based on where you live. As a Finnish dude I can f.ex. say that if I was to buy a Lamborghini (which I definitely will!) it would be cheaper to buy an apartment and purchase that car in Estonia (our neighbor country) than to buy just the car in Finland. No hate mail going to Italy though.

Altiverb has impulse responses of inside of a Lamborgini...but damn it costs around 600 USD. Hope one day your dreams come true and you will be the first guy who makes guitar cab IRs in a Lamborgini. If those become the ultimate IRs i want royalties :)

note: yes literaly they have impulses from airplanes, washing maschines, cars, trains etc...i am not sure if its a lamborghini though.

Hi, tomorrow is a special day : Black Friday. Will there be any special conditions for non American guitarists, who can profit from a 10% decrease on the Axe FX III price ? Are the guitarists from all around the world equal... or some are more equal than others ? ;-)
Membership has it's privileges...... or is that American Express..... :cool::D

Yes, we're all treated equally.

After we pay our original sales price, we all get the same free software and firmware upgrades, and the same free patches, and the same update IRs.... no matter how badly we play.

Member since 2014, and this is your first two posts? I hope you're able to come up with the correct amount of Kronors, and that you'll be exceptionally pleased with how you spent your money, after that long of a wait....... I was, after paying full price, on my third or fourth AxeFx, now. :confused:

I believe the term originally was used in association with a financial collapse of the gold market in the 1800’s and only began to be associated with the start of the holiday shopping season in recent decades.

However, I was just at Home Depot (US based home improvement store) on November 2nd, and they already had all these tables set up in the middle of the isles with “black Friday” sales. It’s increasingly become more of a month as far as retail is concerned.

It's also a Steely Dan song. In fact it has 20+ different references in Wikipedia. We can stay in the context of holiday-associated sales and marketing though, agreed? As far as Home Depot goes, that's the same as the Halloween candy and decorations being on the shelves at CVS in August. Don't make all of September and October Halloween, does it?

Last edited:
I was a pure lefty until my instructor told me to pilot that glider with only my right hand on the stick...

Well if you want to operate the spoiler and not die while landing it's pretty much a must. You get used to it. I'm cross-dominant handedness so I can fly with either hand. It's a must in powered aircraft where the TPM is in the center of the panel, or in aircraft like the Cirrus where the stick is on the left or right depending on which seat you're in.

Hopefully you have saved that as a template and just hit send 5 times a day :)
Thanks (really!)
Pauly

Here's a little bit of an email I sent another customer tonight:

Remember that a distributor is basically a fully independent company, purchasing from Fractal Audio. We support them with wholesale pricing, but remember also that our prices here in the USA and Canada are actually LOW since we do pass on some of the savings of having no "middle man" to our customers. Also remember that the dealer has additional costs:

1. Import costs and logistics.
2. Staff and Systems for online orders, fulfillment, etc.
3. 2 years extra warranty included (in Europe anyway) ... here we charge for this.
4. Staff for support (especially in foreign languages)
5. Marketing, advertising, etc.
6. Manual and web site translations
7. Possible hardware repair department.
8. Regular biz overhead (legal, accounting, utilities, insurance, etc.)
9. Of course, they do to make a living, so they need to pay their own salaries too.

Of course, at the moment, the strong dollar is not helping customers in other markets.

Back
Top Bottom