Negative Feedback is a monster control to utilize!

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I often go to this to make a sound more immediately without causing shrill ice pick sound. To me, turning this clockwise makes the amp sim sound and feel more like a real amp and takes blanket off without piercing highs or effecting things the way presence does. Just an FYI if you have never utilized!

Thanks for the tip. After what, firmware 10, and getting Austin Buddy's naked amp pack, I almost never mess with the advanced controls, but I will give this a try.

Thanks for the tip. After what, firmware 10, and getting Austin Buddy's naked amp pack, I almost never mess with the advanced controls, but I will give this a try.

I'll have to try Austin's stuff as I hear great things about it. Does it basically have the amps dialed in more like what they should be, direct from Fractal stock, to make the amp models shine in the best light from the get go?

I've messed with NFB on real amps too. As best as I can figure, Mesa kicked off this trend of amps not having tons of negative feedback with that little Modern switch on the Recto. Modern disconnects the NFB entirely, which gives it that big tubby angry response. Since then, it seems like other high gain designers in particular limit the amount of NFB to get some of that flavor in there.

I'll have to try Austin's stuff as I hear great things about it. Does it basically have the amps dialed in more like what they should be, direct from Fractal stock, to make the amp models shine in the best light from the get go?

I think so. I use his Vibroverb, AC30, Plexi and Mesa models, plus his Billy Gibbons. The only things I adjusted for gig volume was maybe turning down the bass and some other minor eq.

Inc. Neg. Feedback and slightly lowering xformer match are my fav for bringing out the raw sound.

But the inverse is great if you want the opposite of course.

Does anyone make any good deep dive videos about these types of settings? I never know what all these things do - I feel accomplished for even understanding what the "sag" parameter did on my Helix, but with over 100 parameters to mess with on an Axe Fx model, I'm out of my depths, but I'd like to learn!

Back
Top Bottom