One thing I miss about pedals...

patrickrussell

Inspired
...is being able to do this with delays (vid should start at where the point of reference is)...

Has anyone figured out a way to do this live with the AX8?

Side note: I. Love. This. Tone! Particularly the solo earlier than the referenced point in the above clip. Anyone want to help a brother out with how I should go about building a preset for this tune?

...is being able to do this with delays (vid should start at where the point of reference is)...

Has anyone figured out a way to do this live with the AX8?

Side note: I. Love. This. Tone! Particularly the solo earlier than the referenced point in the above clip. Anyone want to help a brother out with how I should go about building a preset for this tune?

Steven Wilson :hearteyes:

Would you tell me more about these? Homemade? How do you use them?

Just put a pot into a box with a trs jack and your in business. It’s basically an expression pedal without the pedal. Instead of adjusting the pot with your foot, you adjust it with the knob.

Use it for anything you normally would an expression pedal.

Real simple build and super cheap, but there internet is full of premade ones for like $25 or so if you don’t want to DIY

Just put a pot into a box with a trs jack and your in business. It’s basically an expression pedal without the pedal. Instead of adjusting the pot with your foot, you adjust it with the knob.

Use it for anything you normally would an expression pedal.

Real simple build and super cheap, but there internet is full of premade ones for like $25 or so if you don’t want to DIY
Right. I guess I was wanting to know how he is using them in his presets, specifically? What do the wild footswitches do?

Would you tell me more about these? Homemade? How do you use them?
Homemade. Stupid simple to make.

Just two potentiometers wired to two TRS jacks in the case of the two-knob pedal. For the two switch pedal it's two SPST switches wired to one TRS jack.

The potentiometers are setup as external controllers 3 and 4 in my units. I then assign those external controllers to things like feedback level in a delay block in a preset. The "wild" switches are also assigned to externals which are then attached to things. I'll use them to, for example, toggle the speed of a rotary block between a fast and slow setting or switch a few parameters (feedback, mix, tape speed) on a delay block to some extreme setting to cause a tape delay warp to occur and then turn it back to normal.

Edit: see also @Admin M@'s preset here: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-echo-plexo.143667/

Steven Wilson is so fantastic. My blu-ray just arrived yesterday, I can't wait to watch it with the volume turned up this weekend.

Keep in mind you can put the pot on the side of a box too, and you can add a bit larger knob, which turns the knob into a “wheel” you can easily roll forward/back with your foot

I did this on my Ax8, making a foot controller output level knob so I could turn up/down my monitor level without having to put the guitar down. Worked great and took up next to no space.

Back
Top Bottom