Controlling Axe and Whammy help - Can certain PC be ignored?

soundroi

Hi! Any suggestion on how to control a Whammy Pedal with FCB1010 into Axe FX II? I obviously can make whammy active or bypassed (PC 1 and 22) and use controller 11 to move the pedal but... how can this be achieved not interfering with the Axe? I was thinking that two program changes can be sent simultaneously with the FCB, one for preset or scene in the Axe, and the other to control the whammy... but how to make the Axe FX II ignore certain PC? Is it possible? Are there other ways of doing this? Thanks in advance.
Roi.

Hi! Any suggestion on how to control a Whammy Pedal with FCB1010 into Axe FX II? I obviously can make whammy active or bypassed (PC 1 and 22) and use controller 11 to move the pedal but... how can this be achieved not interfering with the Axe? I was thinking that two program changes can be sent simultaneously with the FCB, one for preset or scene in the Axe, and the other to control the whammy... but how to make the Axe FX II ignore certain PC? Is it possible? Are there other ways of doing this? Thanks in advance.
Roi.

The usual way to control two separate devices with MIDI, is to use different MIDI channels. The Axe-Fx defaults to MIDI channel 1. Maybe the Whammy can be conrolled through another MIDI channel. You would then have to configure the FCB to send messages through two MIDI channels, I don't know if the FCB can handle that.

Back
Top Bottom