Decade with Fractal: Enter the Dragon

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I have been a fractal user for over a decade. The Axe FX Standard, Axe FX II XL and now the Axe FX III. Loved the the standard and II but the III is finally what I've been waiting for.

Minimal tweaks and stock patches that sound stellar. On the previous devices I was constantly trying to get more bite and high end without being shrill. The 3 has that from the get go. Something special in the algorithms that just sound amazing. Amps I never liked I now love. The cabinet section is friggin awesome now too with being able to blend up to 4 cabs. This makes creating your own sound quick because you don't have to find the perfect IR. One might be shrill and the other more bass heavy. On their own "meh". Blended? Awesomeness.

The channels are a God send. I'll finally start using scenes because it now can do almost anything you want.

The CPU power is amazing too. Most patches are like below 60%. Those are pretty complex ones too!

Hope the FC comes soon because programming the MFC101 is a bitch. Especially when Faslink was so easy a caveman could do it.

Anyone on fence? Just do it, I say.

I think one of the moments I knew the Axe III was magic was when I first got it and was making my way through the presets and came across a Fender Champ preset (one of the early presets). I actually sat and played on it for a while just being floored by how real it sounded and how great it felt. I ALWAYS ignore Champ settings on modelers since it's such a stupid little nothing of an amp and I hate it, but it was great on the Axe! Of course, since then I've found my home in the Mesa stuff, but still :)

Still impressed with this thing. It does sound a lot better than the II. Hands down it's a monster. NEVER had more fun playing a Fractal product for hours! The feel and sound are so musical!

Three things still holding me back from the jump from the XL :

1. The price of it here in Europe. (obviously!)
2. Foot controller not available….yet..... Plus no doubt this will put a severe dent in the wallet too.
3. Having to start all my presets from scratch. Although this one has the benefit of only using single presets whereas sometimes I currently have to use two to negotiate a tune.

In the meantime I'm going to get saving .... I'll be ready to push the button 1 month before the IV is announced!

Three things still holding me back from the jump from the XL :

In the meantime I'm going to get saving .... I'll be ready to push the button 1 month before the IV is announced!

1. The price of it here in Europe. (obviously!) - No defense for this one, although price is $250 less for a sale

2. Foot controller not available….yet..... Plus no doubt this will put a severe dent in the wallet too.- Using the MFC101 is not a bad option. We can walk you through how to set it up.

3. Having to start all my presets from scratch. Although this one has the benefit of only using single presets whereas sometimes I currently have to use two to negotiate a tune. - Nope, their is a conversion tool that is free.

My 10 years is next May. I used to gig with an AXEII, now that I have an AX8, the II is just in the studio. The AX8 sounds great and it's just so easy and portable. I have become spoiled. The thought of bringing both a rack and foot controller is a major barrier. (Funny that was never an issue in the past as I was comparing it to my 72lb RoadKing head.)

I am perfectly happy with the tones from the AX8. Fortunately, I haven't heard a III live yet to make me reconsider.

I'll never forget.... I had a steady Wednesday gig at a night club here in Miami around 2010, and there was a tall dude that would come every week in corporate clothes and get hammered and leave with a different chick every time.....

One day I sat and he approached me and said "Your amp sounds good, I play a little guitar.. have you heard of the Axe FX? Look it up. You'll sell all your amps" and I thought to myself, what the hell is this drunk dude talking about?

Little did I know.... lol

I'll never forget.... I had a steady Wednesday gig at a night club here in Miami around 2010, and there was a tall dude that would come every week in corporate clothes and get hammered and leave with a different chick every time.....

One day I sat and he approached me and said "Your amp sounds good, I play a little guitar.. have you heard of the Axe FX? Look it up. You'll sell all your amps" and I thought to myself, what the hell is this drunk dude talking about?

Little did I know.... lol

I was just waiting for
The and that man was .........CC

Engineers get all the girls

Just found my first order confirmation email:

“...
Date: Friday, June 15, 2007
Subject: order yhst-52393304419437-573 from fractalaudio.com
To: Eric ...
...”

That was for the Standard. I’ve owned at least one of every version since. Never, ever any regret with purchasing a Fractal Audio product!

Back
Top Bottom