'80s Melodic Rock Inspired Track

Excellent mate, I downloaded the patch, it does sound great but why all the filtering and EQ? Is it not do-able with using the eq in the cab and amp blocks.

Excellent mate, I downloaded the patch, it does sound great but why all the filtering and EQ? Is it not do-able with using the eq in the cab and amp blocks.

The EQ in the amp block has a constant Q and is limited to 8 bands, and the basic tone controls in the amp / cab blocks only afford so much flexibility. PEQ's offer a surgical level of control and 5 bands per block. That said, if someone can cop the same tone without any of the PEQ or Filter blocks, I'm all for it.

Last edited:
That's a fantastic sounding track - the rhythm tone the perfect modern take on an AOR guitar sound IMO.

I couldn't resist having a widdle over it with my Greco LP and a Sykes style preset I cooked up.

Wow, thanks for posting this, Leon! That's a truly excellent lead tone, and the playing is awesome. Love it.

Leon,as always its a pleasure to hear you playing and to hear your guitar tones..any chance to post your solo patch( that you cooked for this impro) ,here ?
Thank you !

Leon,as always its a pleasure to hear you playing and to hear your guitar tones..any chance to post your solo patch( that you cooked for this impro) ,here ?
Thank you !

Check axechange for the Sykes preset I posted a while back

Back
Top Bottom