Ultra compact midi-FC?

Sturla

Inspired
Has anyone seen any usable ultra compact midi fc? For home use it would’ve been nice to have a simple two button-controller for scene inc/dec. If possible battery powered.

I don’t want to use the pedal-inputs on the axeIII, because I have my expression pedals connected there.

Disaster area makes a 2 button one too, that is small.

I've been looking at the dmc-2, but it doesn't seem to send cc values. The info on their page wasn't super clear (or maybe I'm just beeing slow).

Perfect size, though.

Midi Mouse and PC Mapping via AXE III is the simplest, smallest option.

Setup>Midi/Remote>Mapping allows setting Preset and Scene via single PC message. EZ

+1 MC6 , just make sure to check it inside mine was great but was one big mess inside and it broke before i got to try it
they took it back which was great, but it still cost me the shipping tho i would simply wait for the FC6

Midi Mouse and PC Mapping via AXE III is the simplest, smallest option.

Setup>Midi/Remote>Mapping allows setting Preset and Scene via single PC message. EZ
Cool tip. Forgot the Axe Could do that. It can do so much! ;)

But can you map a pc-message to increase or decrease scene number without changing the preset?

Yes you can.

As follows under Setup>MIDI/Remote>Mapping Set
PC 1= Preset 1, Scene 1
PC 2= Preset 1, Scene 2
PC 3= Preset 1, Scene 3
ETC.

Piece of cake.
That's a specific scene mapping, not an increment/decrement mapping.

He want's to be able to send PC 1 to "go to the next scene" not "go to scene 1".

That's a specific scene mapping, not an increment/decrement mapping.

He want's to be able to send PC 1 to "go to the next scene" not "go to scene 1".

I push the "+" button on my Midi Mouse, it goes to the next scene as per my own programming. Push the "-" it goes down a scene by my programming. Not sure what other functionality is required.

Unless the intention is to use a one button midi controller that only sends PC 1- I must be missing something here.

I push the "+" button on my Midi Mouse, it goes to the next scene as per my own programming. Push the "-" it goes down a scene by my programming. Not sure what other functionality is required.
I interpreted his request to mean: he wants it to work for any preset, not a specific preset. He's in Preset N and he pushes the PC button and it increments the scene in that preset and doesn't take him out of that preset. This is achievable only if your device can send CCs. (Or you're willing to spend a lot of time doing PC maps in the unit and okay with being limited to just a handful of presets because you only have 128 PC values to map).

I may have misinterpreted his request, but I don't think so.

If the goal is to access a scene by way of PC in a battery operated small MIDI controller for home use- MIDI Mouse will do it. Your PC's will need to be mapped. I currently use a MIDI Mouse in this way. You will however have to train your thinking that your PC # is whatever sound you want- Preset and Scene combo. I have 10 Presets and can access all 80 scenes via this technique- including large jumps such as #15 to #56.

Anything beyond just a single PC= Preset and Scene won't work without a more sophisticated controller.

"Scene Increment" as a function by itself begs the question- How would you change Presets? On the front Panel of the AXE?

Back
Top Bottom