1987X jump - deep editing help

jiagap

Inspired
I am not usually a Marshall guy but started liking this model. I created this patch. Playing alone I think is sounds pretty good. But today playing with the other guitar player, bass, drums, and vocals it sounded a bit digital. Anyone understand deep editing that would like to take a stab and offering ideas to make it cut through the mix in a grand way?

I am playing though a Gibson ES-335 with classic 57HB

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1987X jump.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Thanks, Sonofiam. I will give it a try at my next live playing. Can you share what tweaks you did so I can learn?

Thank again!

Thanks, Sonofiam. I will give it a try at my next live playing. Can you share what tweaks you did so I can learn?

Thank again!

AMP BLOCK:
In the "Basic" page:
  • Decreased the Treble from 7.41 to 5.0
  • Reset Master Vol Trim to 1.0 from .488 and decreased the Master Volume to 7.0 from 8.62.
  • Changed the Bright Cap to 147.8 pF from 4999 pF. Use only if you need it to be brighter.
In the "GEQ" page, reset the HMid and High to 0.00 and added LMid and Mid frequencies.

In the "Power Amp" page, increased the Negative Feedback from 3.20 to 7.06.

In the "Dynamics" page:
  • Reduced the Out Comp Amount from 2.0 to 1.5
  • Set the Character Freq to 4108 Hz, Character Q to .266, Character Amt to -0.29
CAB BLOCK:

Turned on the Proximity Effect.
  • Set Proximity to 5.0
  • Set Proximity Freq to 68.4 Hz

Awesome, thanks! The details are specific and detailed and appreciated.

Is this a great forum or what?!?!

AMP BLOCK:
In the "Basic" page:
  • Decreased the Treble from 7.41 to 5.0
  • Reset Master Vol Trim to 1.0 from .488 and decreased the Master Volume to 7.0 from 8.62.
  • Changed the Bright Cap to 147.8 pF from 4999 pF. Use only if you need it to be brighter.
In the "GEQ" page, reset the HMid and High to 0.00 and added LMid and Mid frequencies.

In the "Power Amp" page, increased the Negative Feedback from 3.20 to 7.06.

In the "Dynamics" page:
  • Reduced the Out Comp Amount from 2.0 to 1.5
  • Set the Character Freq to 4108 Hz, Character Q to .266, Character Amt to -0.29
CAB BLOCK:

Turned on the Proximity Effect.
  • Set Proximity to 5.0
  • Set Proximity Freq to 68.4 Hz

Awesome, thanks! The details are specific and detailed and appreciated.

Is this a great forum or what?!?!
You're welcome, only if it sounds good ;).

The values can be rounded to the nearest whole or half number, there's no audible difference between 7.41 and 7.50, it's just where they ended up when "turning" the knobs.

Back
Top Bottom