Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 10.01 Firmware Release

Based on the above information the remaining 111,725 bytes of space left for any future increases in firmware file size doesn't seem like much of a barrier.

File size: Firmware version:
2,784,650 bytes - Quantum v5.02
2,770,080 bytes - Quantum v6.00
2,774,215 bytes - Quantum v6.02
2,772,925 bytes - Quantum v6.03.1
2,779,435 bytes - Quantum v7.00 beta
2,654,425 bytes - Quantum v7.00 beta 2
2,658,130 bytes - Quantum v7.00
2,657,790 bytes - Quantum v7.01
2,658,025 bytes - Quantum v7.02 beta
2,660,140 bytes - Quantum v7.02
2,661,145 bytes - Quantum v8.00 beta
2,661,880 bytes - Quantum v8.00
2,662,885 bytes - Quantum v8.01
2,662,835 bytes - Quantum v8.02
2,662,950 bytes - Quantum v9.00 beta
2,665,255 bytes - Quantum v9.00
2,664,400 bytes - Quantum v9.01 beta
2,664,390 bytes - Quantum v9.01 beta 2
2,664,425 bytes - Quantum v9.01
2,664,375 bytes - Quantum v9.02
2,664,510 bytes - Quantum v9.03
2,664,365 bytes - Quantum v9.04
2,672,125 bytes - Quantum v10.00
2,672,925 bytes - Quantum v10.01

...at least another 111,725 bytes will fit AxeFX II Mk I/II units following Quantum 10.01

Guys, do you really think that Fractal has interests in releasing another firmware for a unit out of production? I don't think in firmware dimension problems... I think that fractal has released enough firmwares for a unit not supported anymore. I am an Axe 2 user and I hope in a new release...but...I can't see another work for this unit in the future. My 5 cents

It seems like it's been established earlier in this thread that Cliff will release another firmware that will address some bugs, but otherwise I doubt their will be any sound improvements. Maybe some added effects, but I would not hold my breath.

Guys, do you really think that Fractal has interests in releasing another firmware for a unit out of production? I don't think in firmware dimension problems... I think that fractal has released enough firmwares for a unit not supported anymore. I am an Axe 2 user and I hope in a new release...but...I can't see another work for this unit in the future. My 5 cents

I wasn't expecting firmware Q10 to come out. Yet, here we are.
I just think that, if we are going to get updates, they will be only for Amp modelling. And so far, there weren't any huge improvements to modelling in Axe 3, ever since it came out. So... nothing to update, really.
Cliff was dropping hints that there will be more firmware, to quote him - He said, that all epiphanies he'll have will trip down to Axe 2 too. Also, in response to a missing amp for Axe 2, he said "Soon".

I would be so excited to get the "PA+Cab" mode! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think that, if we are going to get updates, they will be only for Amp modelling. And so far, there weren't any huge improvements to modelling in Axe 3, ever since it came out.
Cliff was dropping hints that there will be more firmware, to quote him - He said, that all epiphanies he'll have will trip down to Axe 2 too. Also, in response to a missing amp for Axe 2, he said "Soon".

I hope it too guys! But it's been a long time since they've released an update. For Standard and Ultra there was less waiting time before FW11. I know that now there are more products on the market and Cliff is just one man (a genius but just one). Maybe it will take more time than we can expect... Who knows? :D

I hope it too guys! But it's been a long time since they've released an update. For Standard and Ultra there was less waiting time before FW11.​

You can’t compare one model’s firmware number to another’s. FW 11 for the Standard and Ultra was released at the same time that the Axe II was launched, and it was made known that it would be the last ever firmware for those models. FW 10 for the Axe II was released some time after the Axe III was launched, and it was not declared to be the last.​

You can’t compare one model’s firmware number to another’s. FW 11 for the Standard and Ultra was released at the same time that the Axe II was launched, and it was made known that it would be the last ever firmware for those models. FW 10 for the Axe II was released some time after the Axe III was launched, and it was not declared to be the last.​

I know, I was a Ultra user and after I bought Axe 2...I think is justifiable if Cliff doesn't wants to upgrade the II models... Their support was more than expected and I'm happy with 10.01. Maybe we'll see a FW 11 also for MK1&2, XL and XL+.
I don't want to look like a flamer, I wrote just my opinions, sorry for misunderstanding. :D

I know, I was a Ultra user and after I bought Axe 2...I think is justifiable if Cliff doesn't wants to upgrade the II models... Their support was more than expected and I'm happy with 10.01. Maybe we'll see a FW 11 also for MK1&2, XL and XL+.
I don't want to look like a flamer, I wrote just my opinions, sorry for misunderstanding. :D
Don't forget that Quantum 10 is not firmware 10 for the Axe II, but something like firmware 29.

As a Axe FX II owner I am more than happy with the tones right now. I would be happy and grateful if Cliff gives more FWs for the II. But I get it if he won't. Personally I only care about amp modelings so If we still can get them that would be great. :) Time will tell.

I just think that, if we are going to get updates, they will be only for Amp modelling. And so far, there weren't any huge improvements to modelling in Axe 3, ever since it came out.

Thanks Free Mind. Your optimism is contagious.

One more update would be great. I’m for the tri chorus, and if any bugs fixed) I haven’t encountered any) I’m personally very happy with the II XL+. I don’t think we really need more amps, and Cliff owes us nothing... he gave us a great pre amp/processor with numerous updates. My 2 cents

Wow. That's the first post I've seen that's actually encouraging an end to firmware updates for the Axe II.

I am just being realistic and also tired of updating. So rather than hoping for more I prefer to have an official stated last firmware and then call it a day.

Back
Top Bottom