Fractal Audio Cab Pack: ML LEGENDS IS OUT NOW!

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered already. I have Cab Pack 20 ML-Brit-4x12-Collection. How do the Pre-Rola G12M's in this collection compare to the IR's in Cab Pack 20?
Hey this is a good question. I would say this new pack is more of a contemporary sound while Cab Pack 20 was more deserving of the "vintage" label that we gave it as those speakers were pretty worn. I made this clip for you with the Plexi 1970 amp sim on the Axe-Fx III. Same settings on the amp and a SM57-R121 mix of each speaker. ML Legends first and Cab Pack 20 PR75 second:

So "Legends" is more clearer and modern and not so vintage even though that's what people might expect.

Reactions: Fro
Hey this is a good question. I would say this new IR is more of a contemporary sound while Cab Pack 20 was more deserving of the "vintage" label that we gave it. I made this clip for you with the Plexi 1970 amp sim on the Axe-Fx III. Same settings on the amp and a SM57-R121 mix of each speaker. ML Legends first and Cab Pack 20 PR75 second:

Thanks for the answer and the demonstration! I hear exactly what you're describing. The new IR sounds great. Now, excuse me while I go buy some IR's. :)

Dayum Dude, plugged these in this morning, They Rock!! all of the mixes are great with default cab block,no HPF at all! Settled on the all 57 and couldn't stop jamming! You've reset the Greenback bar with this one Mikko!

Dayum Dude, plugged these in this morning, They Rock!! all of the mixes are great with default cab block,no HPF at all! Settled on the all 57 and couldn't stop jamming! You've reset the Greenback bar with this one Mikko!
Blushing a little reading this. Can I quote this message and post it? And maybe add it to my gravestone as well? :D

The "all 57" is what I really like a lot as well. That and "flattest" are my new go-to IR's for just about everything. They also cover a lot of ground, everything from bluesy cleans to crunch and rock all the way to high gain territory. I noticed the same thing when going through the final beta that I got sidetracked and really enjoying the feel and playing. That's when you know you have something special. :)

Reactions: RDH
I enjoyed every single mix, and found each one of them quite useable.
Thanks
Oh thank you @ngstime! The approach for the pack was to maybe intentionally limit the options a little bit since for the last year or so I've been getting feedback on the bundle packs that all have 750-2000+ IR's and people get lost quite easily. We somehow managed to cut down the number of IR's in this pack from over 400 IR's to just 38. Huge thank you to all ML beta guys. You know who you are. :)

Blushing a little reading this. Can I quote this message and post it? And maybe add it to my gravestone as well? :D

The "all 57" is what I really like a lot as well. That and "flattest" are my new go-to IR's for just about everything. They also cover a lot of ground, everything from bluesy cleans to crunch and rock all the way to high gain territory. I noticed the same thing when going through the final beta that I got sidetracked and really enjoying the feel and playing. That's when you know you have something special. :)

LOL! Sure Quote away ;)

Bonus feature! To those who purchase the pack before the fix, you will also get the Guns N Roses pack for free! :D
I've just seen this thread... Is it possible to buy this new pack and get Guns pack for free yet? I thing this is the only ML cab pack I don't have (except the new one... yet). Thanks!

Well... I bought the pack this afternoon and spent an hour or so playing around with all the IRs.

Most IR packs have not proven very useful for me... I might get 1 or 2 IRs that I like.

I think I could really use ANY of the mix IRs in this pack and be pretty happy, and even quite a few of the single mic IRs, too. Most excellent!

The funny thing is, I don't really have a lot of speaker experience but I have learned over the last 3-4 years that I really like G12H30 speakers (at least the IRs of them, anyway) but completely missed in your original post that they were part of the pack. Didn't realize those were greenbacks ;)

I bought the pack based on the other reviews here in this thread, and was then surprised (in a good way!) when I read the PDF.

The All SM57 is probably my favorite so far but I also really like the H55-H75 mix too. Putting them in a stereo Cab panned L/R sounds great!

Thanks!

BTW, would you happen to know the cab resonance for this cab? Thanks

I've just bought it... no bonus pack (ehAUehUAAEHUHEU... but feel free if you wanna do a good deed)!!! I think I'll spend many hours to try this 38 new IRs.
Thanks Mikko!
Hahaha you never know... maybe a Cab Pack will appear out of nowhere! Have fun buddy. :)

Back
Top Bottom