Line in Discord /Steam

simkin

Hey all,

I am trying to go directly through the client in Steam/Discord with Line-In, my friend has an amp that is able to go directly through amp to the other person ( different amp), but I can't get the axe to.

It registers on the mic line in and everything and I have it set as default.

Is anyone able to help me figure out the issue?

Last edited:
I am using Monitors connected to the axe FX II for the audio,

I mean I tried the Line in on steam because my friend wanted to hear the axe direct and it's line-in with the axe didn't work, so then we tried it with Discord incase it was just steam, but it didn't work there either.

I am using Monitors connected to the axe FX II for the audio,

I mean I tried the Line in on steam because my friend wanted to hear the axe direct and it's line-in with the axe didn't work, so then we tried it with Discord incase it was just steam, but it didn't work there either.
How did you connect the Axe to the line in?

I have my axe II connected via USB
Isn’t “Line In” the physical input on your computer?

If the Axe isn’t connected to the Line In, selecting Line In will not have Axe sound.

Isn’t Axe-Fx in the list of Input options?

Axe FX II is connected via USB; the monitors are connected directly to the back of the Axe FX II but sound is coming from the pc.

It's more of a "voice output device", not a line in, it's labeled as line in in Windows and one of those clients but it's usually used for voice/ input mics. But seeing as other amps are able to send sound directly through, that way;. I was trying to do that with the AXE FX II, so that way the direct sound of the FX would come over steam or discord directly. Not through some external mic or device. I want to send the processed guitar sound through steam/discord directly.

The Axe FX II shows up in windows in the INput and Output on Windows, it also shows up in the Input in Steam and Discord
There are two axe FX II's that show up in the input in Steam and Discord and I have tried both, aswell as the "default" setting after setting it as the default in.

It's strange because I use my axefx in usb on the guitar discord without an issue.
I added the program voicemeeter to have more flexibility on routing, allowing backing tracks etc

Is there maybe a Line in Volume I am missing somewhere? because no sound registers in Discord/Steam or Windows itself.

it's usually used for voice/ input mics.
how do these mics connect to the computer?

I want to send the processed guitar sound through steam/discord directly.
you should see Axe-Fx in the list of Input devices in Discord (i'm using an Axe-Fx III):

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 10.53.41 AM.png

Is there maybe a Line in Volume I am missing somewhere? because no sound registers in Discord/Steam or Windows itself.
did you install the USB drivers onto your computer?

Yes, I installed the USB drivers, and I see the axe FX II in my inputs, I have -Axe FX II and axe FX II, I tried both, neither worked. Same with Steam.

Yes, I installed the USB drivers, and I see the axe FX II in my inputs, I have -Axe FX II and axe FX II, I tried both, neither worked. Same with Steam.
It works for me. Make sure your Discord auto-gain settings aren’t casing trouble.

It's not registering sound either in Windows, it doesn't even let me test it, when I test in Steam no sound either and I have tried both.

I know the USB cable works, I am getting Volume out of the speakers through the pc via youtube and games and stuff, able to use Axe-Edit. The outs work fine through usb.

Also the Audio is up all the way on the Line in in windows sound settings on the Axe and it is the only one enabled.

Input > Device Properties > Line Properties "controller information 4- Axe-FX II > "levels tab" Line 100 Volume Level.

Input > Device Properties > Line Properties "controller information 4- Axe-FX II > "levels tab" Line 100 Volume Level.
Someone with windows needs to help you. “Line” just doesn’t sound right to me.

I use a Mac and it works when selected in Discord *shrug*

Back
Top Bottom