Updating my Axe-Fx 2

fufux

Hello guys,

I have a Axe FX 2 for several years.

I spent several years without updating the firmware.
Now I want to update it but I have some questions.

Is it possible to update from an really old firmware (3 years old) to the latest one?

Thank you for your help

Hello guys,

I have a Axe FX 2 for several years.

I spent several years without updating the firmware.
Now I want to update it but I have some questions.

Is it possible to update from an really old firmware (3 years old) to the latest one?

Thank you for your help
Yes no problem. Advice. Save old patches labeled on desktop with that firmware named as such. Then if you hate for some reason and have a gig coming up, you could revert back quickly. But if it has been several years it will be worth it. Reset your amps and tweak away. Things will initially sound different until you adjust things.

Wondered if I can join in on this post. I also am needing to update my firmware after a long time away. I have a PC that I just use now for the Fractal Bot and Axe-Edit (And those programs haven't been updated in a few years either). That PC isn't connected to the internet. Can I download Fractal Bot, Axe-Edit and firmware updates to my laptop that is connected to the internet, and then use a usb drive to transfer updates to the PC that has the Editor and Fractal Bot software? (I really don't want to use my laptop as the PC connected to my Axe-fx II and I don't want to connect that PC to the internet because it's older and not up to date on security updates. If possible, where do I go for those download instructions. (The Firmware Update Guide does not give instructions on what to do if not connected to internet.) Thanks!

(The Firmware Update Guide does not give instructions on what to do if not connected to internet.) Thanks!
to update firmware, you download the files from the internet. so that guide can't exist without that step.

transfer the files from one computer to the other and then resume following the guide.

to update firmware, you download the files from the internet. so that guide can't exist without that step.

transfer the files from one computer to the other and then resume following the guide.

I just updated to the Quantum 10p01.syn and all went well. I had presets that I previously created and I saved them over some of the factory presets in banks. If I update the firmware for those A,B,C banks, does it get overwrite the presets I saved with the factory presets? (Sorry, knew some of this a few years ago when I originally used the Axe-fx, but have forgotten. Didn't want to lose presets I had created.)
53338"]Yes.[/QUOT[/QUOTE]

I just updated to the Quantum 10p01.syn and all went well. I had presets that I previously created and I saved them over some of the factory presets in banks. If I update the firmware for those A,B,C banks, does it get overwrite the presets I saved with the factory presets? (Sorry, knew some of this a few years ago when I originally used the Axe-fx, but have forgotten. Didn't want to lose presets I had created.)
firmware does not overwrite presets. presets are separate.

Back
Top Bottom