So, what's everyone's favourite amp model?

The Dirty Shirley just works for everything I do. Four presets from edge of clean to high drive cover me for everything.
Comet Concorde is my next choice.

The Dirty Shirley just works for everything I do. Four presets from edge of clean to high drive cover me for everything.
Comet Concorde is my next choice.
Yep, I really dig this model too.
This and the CA2 have that chewy compressed tone i like!!!

Last night I found the Divided by 13 models. Wow, these are great. I found the cabinet a couple days ago while scrolling through the factory cabs and really liked it for cleans, so I figured the actual amp would probably sound great too. I have the Austin Buddy pack so I loaded up his preset (which uses the matching cab)...just great off the bat. I played for probably an hour or more, switching guitars to hear the tonal differences, then just adding a little reverb and playing with the gain control.

Highly recommend this one, mainly the FTR37.

I've discovered the 800#34 for "Slash" sound with my Gibson 1957, and i must say: Whouaaaaaa !!!!!!

Last night I found the Divided by 13 models. Wow, these are great. I found the cabinet a couple days ago while scrolling through the factory cabs and really liked it for cleans, so I figured the actual amp would probably sound great too. I have the Austin Buddy pack so I loaded up his preset (which uses the matching cab)...just great off the bat. I played for probably an hour or more, switching guitars to hear the tonal differences, then just adding a little reverb and playing with the gain control.

Highly recommend this one, mainly the FTR37.
Had to read into these and they seem great! I really need to try those out.

5153 100 watt blue with a TS808 OD in the drive block as a slight boost and to tighten the low end. “That’s gold Jerry! Gold!” :p

For cleans, I gravitate to the USA Clean, the Brit JM45, the Shiver Clean and sometimes, the Supremo Trem...all of them into one or two 4x12 cab sims.

For mildly overdriven stuff I find myself using the AC-20 12AX7 T (or another AC-20 variant) into the 2x12 Top Boost Blue, the Supremo Trem, and the Deluxe Tweed and the

For more overdriven stuff--and for cleaning up even when set pretty dirty--I really like the Plexi 100W Nrml more than anything else...in fact I use this amp in more presets than anything else. I do like the 1987X Normal and Jump quite a bit too.

For heavier stuff, I like the Friedman BE, USA II C++, the Recto1 Org Mdrn, another Recto and the Euro Uber.

Would be great to hear which IRs you guys are pairing with your fav amps.

I’m on the Brit Super w/ OH GNR 57 & 421 IRs. Although I’m discovering the factory 5153 cabs and other EDVH speaker IRs. I like the sizzle the low fi speakers give.

Using the Morgan AC for cleans

The Brit 800 is my workhorse patch, closely followed by one of the jumpered Plexi models.

I've only had my AX8 for a little over a month, so I still have tons of experimenting to do...

I've been stuck on the USA IIC+ and USA Pre LD2 Ylw for a year straight, no joke!
I need to check out some others soon haha.

6160 Block, 5153 50W Blue, Friedman BE, Friedman 2018, FAS Modern, Recto1 RED, Plexi 50W High, USA Clean, Shiver Clean...

There are a ton of awesome Amps and I couldn't left any of the those, that I mentioned OFF my list.

After a LOT of messing with so many models the Bludojai has been my go to now. Can roll off volume for good cleans and is great for any classic rock tone. Great sounding amp.

Back
Top Bottom