Celestion F12-X200

where’s the polar bandwidth response of this design?
what is the crossover point?
what is the time delay between the drivers at the crossover point?
what are specifics on crossover design such as slope?
what are the crossover components?
how much does it weigh?
why not use neodymium?

Was in the UK for biz this week and spoke to my friends at Celestion again. February/March maybe! Read my original post.
Also just heard, another speaker manufacturer working on one that may show at winter NAMM. Hope to get more info in a few weeks
Tons of challenges in design. Not as easy as one thinks. Considering all the modellers and manufactures /sales now you’d think it been done. Proves not easy

Thanks for the info... going to skip the F12-X200 and just get a powercab. Will circle back on this down the road...

Was in the UK for biz this week and spoke to my friends at Celestion again. February/March maybe! Read my original post.
Also just heard, another speaker manufacturer working on one that may show at winter NAMM. Hope to get more info in a few weeks
Tons of challenges in design. Not as easy as one thinks. Considering all the modellers and manufactures /sales now you’d think it been done. Proves not easy

An update from TGP shows the new speakers have shipped out :confused:

Dispersion seems to be the issue. I know another manufacturer is working on something but we'll see how they tackle the dispersion issue with single "package design".
FYI, dispersion/directivity is an issue with all coaxial loudspeakers that use the woofer as the tweeter's horn/waveguide -- it's gonna be beamy in high frequencies.

Looks like they shipped on the slowest boat
Bored+to+Death.jpg

Back
Top Bottom