Honestly, both units are different. If you have several amps you live, and you wanna use your pedalboard, profile your amps and take the kemper. That's not my case. I want everything in one unit. I didn't love the effects on the kemper, or the tweaking capabilities once the amp was profiled. The effects on the fractal are as good as anything I've ever heard.

1st take is the real amp for me, on both parts.
I may be spoiling this a bit early but it's the exact opposite way around. :D 1st take is the Axe-Fx III just like in the title of the clip.

So... I'm thinking the modeling is accurate enough. :D

Accurate or not, I choose the first ones cuz I heard a little difference and liked them best, I thought they were slightly more dynamic and open sounding.
The good news is they are from the axe fx indeed :)

I may be spoiling this a bit early but it's the exact opposite way around. :D 1st take is the Axe-Fx III just like in the title of the clip.

So... I'm thinking the modeling is accurate enough. :D

It's hard to say whether a model is accurate unless you compare it to the amp that the model is based on. Don't get me wrong, for all I know that model may be extremely accurate, though you mentioned that the real amp doesn't exist in the Axe-Fx III. Now, here's an Axe FX III comparison where they used the actual reference amp that the model is based on. To my ears, I had a pretty high level of confidence with regard to which was which, but had they used a different reference amp than the one the model is based on, it would have been a fun exercise but not very useful as a blind test. It'd be similar to comparing a particular KPA profile to a different amp than the one the profile is based on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom