AustinBuddy Naked Amps Tone Pack (still) Rules! ... New Website up...FM3...coming soon(ish)

¡Ya tienes mi dinero! This is a great investment. :)

It is a real PITA that the Axe-FX III has only 512 preset memories, counting the factory presets. They’ve been generous expanding the free memory for IRs to 2084, but it has even less presets than the Axe-FX II XL ☹

¡Ya tienes mi dinero! This is a great investment. :)

It is a real PITA that the Axe-FX III has only 512 preset memories, counting the factory presets. They’ve been generous expanding the free memory for IRs to 2084, but it has even less presets than the Axe-FX II XL ☹
Agreed...doesn’t make much sense.

Agreed...doesn’t make much sense.
Sure it does. Do more with less...

The addition of Channels in conjunction with increased CPU, scenes, etc opens the option to replace multiple presets with a single one... Much like Buddy has done in his tone pack.

At least, that is my take...

Doesn't mean I wasn't surprised to find less preset slots... But doesn't this also make it consistent with AX-8 and FX-8?

I originally thought this too. But when I realize that each preset was really like having up to eight preset sounds in one preset, I rearranged my thinking.

For example, the Original 700+ Naked Amps TonePack took three banks plus 40 presets to pack in all 700+ tones. In the Axe-III I packed in 1000+ tones in a bank and a half — pretty amazing!

Last edited:
Have to say this pack is surprising me every day - today's discovery the Morgan amps, which sound sooooo good.

Only frustration is the lack of channel copy in Axe-Edit - can't wait for that!

Have to say this pack is surprising me every day - today's discovery the Morgan amps, which sound sooooo good.

Only frustration is the lack of channel copy in Axe-Edit - can't wait for that!
This 100% I would be in heaven if we could copy channels ...

What do you mean by lack of channel copy?
If you mean to copy the settings from one channel to another, I've always seen this feature at Axe-Edit, bottom left corner (pic attached). With the Axe-FX II is called "Copy X to Y" (right-click over the X-Y buttons)

What I miss on the III is the Block Library

Attachments

• 2018-08-05 13_55_36-Axe-Edit III.png
    2018-08-05 13_55_36-Axe-Edit III.png
    53.7 KB · Views: 9
He probably means the ability to copy channels between presets (instead of within a preset).
That's something that's possible with the II (you can copy X or Y to a clipboard), but not yet with the III.

Just some housekeeping:

A reminder that the 10.0 firmware versions for the Axe-Fx XL+, XL, and Mark II 700+ Naked Amps TonePack are available for download for past customers now.

Have gone through the database and as of 2:00 PM CST today linked any recent accounts created after original orders were placed. You should be able to login to your account and see versions for 8.02, 9.02 and 10.0 all available to you to download.

If you login and don't see anything, then make sure the email in your account created is the same one you used when you bought the TonePack.

If you can't login, then you need to create an account/login/password. I will then go back and manually attach your old order to the new account.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. It's 100+ degrees here in Austin -- so I will be in my studio playing guitar all weekend! :)

So, here is what I am doing this weekend...complete rig with multiple amp options stuff...fun!

As an owner of the Axe III and the AB Naked Amps, it would be more useful for me to have the entire Amp setup (Clean, Crunch, Cranked, other options...) in the same Patch. We have this flexibility w/Scenes and Channels...configured like this would save me a bunch of time.

As an owner of the Axe III and the AB Naked Amps, it would be more useful for me to have the entire Amp setup (Clean, Crunch, Cranked, other options...) in the same Patch. We have this flexibility w/Scenes and Channels...configured like this would save me a bunch of time.

Yes - in the Ace III that is what I would do. But you can’t do four different amp channels (like XTC) in a preset in the XL or Mark II and still pack all the effects in I want, not enough CPU. I know you can use scenes for gain changes (cool trick) but not using any scenes here.

For any jam situation, i can choose four sounds - clean, low gain, medium gain, high gain. And then i just bank up or down to do that for different amps. Whatever amp fits the style. After testing out all the stuff shown, I will probably ultimately boil it down to 10-12 or so amps (4 presets each) to cover just about any style of music, all
In one bank. Using 8.02 as well.

It is working great!

Although this thread is for the Axe-Fx XL/XL+ and Mark II versions, I could not resist sharing Cooper Carter's awesome demo video featuring an example riff or song snippet using every amp channel modeled in the Axe-Fx III! So proud -- every preset uses a preset/scene from the AustinBuddy 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack!!! Cooper just added his own effects for a few of them.

Check it out here:

Cooper is running a contest until 9/4/2018 (which, as a reminder, is also when the "save20" check-out coupon discount to buy the 1000+ Axe-Fx III Naked Amps TonePack for previous 700+ TonePack purchasers runs out):

From Cooper: "If anyone can name ALL 263 riffs, they'll win a 30 minute Skype guitar or Axe-Fx lesson with me, a Fractal Audio swag pack, Ernie Ball gear pack, and a copy of @austinbuddy's 1000+ Naked Amps TonePack for either the Axe-Fx II or III, which I used to do this video (with a few fx added here and there to the naked amps).

We'll take answers until 9/4/18 at midnight, emailed to info [at] coopercarter.com."

Hi Austinbuddy. I have the 700+ pack for AFXII installed and the amps sounds great, thanks. Did you create any specific bass guitar presets and if so, are they documented, I haven't seen them identified yet in the documentation. Thanks.

Hi Austinbuddy. I have the 700+ pack for AFXII installed and the amps sounds great, thanks. Did you create any specific bass guitar presets and if so, are they documented, I haven't seen them identified yet in the documentation. Thanks.

Each the modeled bass amps has a preset -- Amp, Mesa Boogie, Orange, Fractal. Two scenes each. Usually I put a fuzz on Scene 2 (because I can!). I also put an SVT bass amp preset I use for recording in the Bonus TonePack.

I have a few more in the Axe-III 1000+ pack that may get ported over for future updates to 700+ pack, we'll see. I'd like to do a nice bass-only pack at some point, but have things in front of that demanding my time at the moment...

Back
Top Bottom