APPLE IOS 12 - really???

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
So they still don't have dark mode nor did they allow us iPhone X owners to see the battery percentage on main page. We still have to drag down to see it where in all other iPhones prior you could add the percentage. Apple fucking doesn't listen to it's customers and implements realistic simple things that are no brainers. But we do still have the useless battery icon that is of no real value. So sick of what Apple has become but the alternatives(android) aren't an option for me. Thus the bitching. Apple music still looks horrible and a mess and STILL no ability to long press on control center Bluetooth menu to go to Bluetooth settings. I mean come on. Read your forums and fire Cook. He's innovatively crippling. But they won't because they now are a trillion dollar company.

Last edited:
I agree, every new iOS release is a disappointment. They rarely fix these annoying things and the phone only getting slower. Apple died with Steve...
They publicly deny every device gets slower on each new ios iteration, but all my iDevices always did. .. Now i never update

I agree, every new iOS release is a disappointment. They rarely fix these annoying things and the phone only getting slower. Apple died with Steve...

Not according to the update info. ;)

“iOS 12 brings performance improvements and exciting new features to iPhone and iPad.”

I’m afraid to update my iPad now.

Updated here - no issues, some changes and some nice improvements. I have an ancient iPhone 6 so it was a welcome surprise. Had some hiccups with WiFi calling at the house but a reboot seemed to fix.

iPad Pro updated - no issues yet to report.

Neither device seems slower to me - just the opposite for most actions. FWIW.

From what I have experienced with the public betas and this
Latest final , 12 may actually be a lot better in many ways that aren’t apparent, and that will probably confuse many of us at first, but I am pretty pleased with it on several Idevices , but am updateing my iPhone X for the first time right now, which has been sorta unsatisfying on 11. For the truly obsessed, or if you just wanna learn about the latest UI tips and much else, here is a very extensive overview/review by a guy who knows what he’s talking about seemingly .....
https://www.macstories.net/stories/ios-12-the-macstories-review/

Updated my iPhone, iPad and watch today. No issues, some nice improvements, everything seems to be running at least as fast or faster so far, haven't had anything break.

To me, Apple is not dissimilar from Fractal. I use the Ax8 and I know it's the absolute best device of it's kind. And I look at it and see everything that could be better (look at all the usability improvement wish threads for the Ax8). It's the best, and it could be better. If you're looking for a laptop, phone, tablet and watch that integrates and generally works Apple is just way better than any alternative eco system. And same thing, I look at all my devices and think they could be so much better. They're still the best, and could be way better.

For me, I don't even see that anyone is trying to create a viable alternative. I despise Google's view of the world of creating ad-supported things where I'm the product they sell to advertisers. Microsoft has given up on mobile and I can't stand their tactics forcing new operating systems on users - I don't want to fight the company that's supplying my technology. Amazon is trying to take over the world much like Google, also too cloud centric and with incidents of them recording and saving Alexa conversations - no thanks. So yeah, Apple isn't perfect by a long-shot, and it's still much, much better for me than anything else and by the looks of it, it's going to stay that way for a long time.

Ipad and phone updated yesterday, looks ok to me. It's a phone guys, I look at it as a communication device, not as emotionally invested in a phone as some. If i could get rid of it all together I would.

Plenty of other companies making phones. I’m sure you can find one you like.
I've tried...unless you switch phone #'s (which isn't an option) because of imessage. Say what you will but it is PITA to get all your texts once all Iphone users have texted you via their iphone to yours. There are stated work arounds, but they DO NOT WORK. I've tried several times. Plus there are a lot of things that Apple gets right and I have Ipads, Apple Tv's, Imac and the such. My complaint is they just don't implement simple things that they could do easily. They turn a deaf ear to it. While the phone works great, they could improve upon the platform...especially IOS.

To me, Apple is not dissimilar from Fractal. I use the Ax8 and I know it's the absolute best device of it's kind. And I look at it and see everything that could be better (look at all the usability improvement wish threads for the Ax8). It's the best, and it could be better. If you're looking for a laptop, phone, tablet and watch that integrates and generally works Apple is just way better than any alternative eco system. And same thing, I look at all my devices and think they could be so much better. They're still the best, and could be way better.

For me, I don't even see that anyone is trying to create a viable alternative. I despise Google's view of the world of creating ad-supported things where I'm the product they sell to advertisers. Microsoft has given up on mobile and I can't stand their tactics forcing new operating systems on users - I don't want to fight the company that's supplying my technology. Amazon is trying to take over the world much like Google, also too cloud centric and with incidents of them recording and saving Alexa conversations - no thanks. So yeah, Apple isn't perfect by a long-shot, and it's still much, much better for me than anything else and by the looks of it, it's going to stay that way for a long time.

Agreement here.

I know that people have their pet features, but in Apple's estimation I guess they don't see enough of a demand for it (the forum was mentioned...but it's kind of like THIS forum...you have to know that this is a small set of all the Fractal owners...and the most committed to having 'what they want' as well as the 'I have a problem' postings.)

Like it, or don't like it, but Apple still makes the most efficient device ecosystem out there. You get a new device, it integrates with very little or no effort. Still the best smartphone.

My friend who has had an android for the last 5 years, had to switch providers since he couldn't get a signal in his school (not great for a Principal.) He reluctantly had to pick an iPhone. Since that time 3 weeks ago, he's been pretty much glued to it. The amount of 'damn this thing' exclamations has been eliminated. (He's NOT any kind of tech-saavy guy, so his ability to figure it out is somewhere around the level of tree sloth...but he gets Apple.)

It's not a crusade with me...I'd get an Android in a second if I needed to. It's an excellent platform. But Apple has simply been better over the years.

IMO.

R

I skipped the entire 11 series due to the constant problem reports. Just installed 12 on one of my devices, and everything looks good so far. Not any slower that I can tell. I'll use it for a while before committing 12 to the rest of my Apple stuff. They've burned up whatever trust I used to have in them. We'll see.....

Back
Top Bottom