MFC No Longer Being Sold??

p8thfind3r

i just checked the store and I couldn’t find the MFC - I’m finally at the point where I want to buy one but I can’t seem to find it on the store or anywhere reasonable. Thoughts?

Seriously? Discontinued? I just got my Axe FX II XL+ just a few months ago and was definitely planning on getting the MFC. They're not that easy to find used over here in Europe and often cost more than they did on g66.eu.

Seriously? Discontinued? I just got my Axe FX II XL+ just a few months ago and was definitely planning on getting the MFC. They're not that easy to find used over here in Europe and often cost more than they did on g66.eu.

I'll be selling mine when the new Fractal controllers come out for the Axe3. And I would imagine there will be a lot of other MFC owners with Axe3s doing the same, so hopefully you will be able to find a good second hand deal.

Odd that its no longer for sale when the XL+ still is. I reckon that it was never produced in the same number as the unit it was supposed to control. I'm glad I got mine at the same time as I did with my XL+. Which significantly added to the bill, but what's the point of ordering a killer unit like the XL+ without its tailor made controller? And I'm glad that I did because making both of them work together was sometimes hard enough already. I'd hate having to add the additional stress of using a different controller to the mix.

Definitely not cheap, but also not the most expensive either. Lots of guys have opted for the cheaper options (BOSS etc) and have good results with those. Might be worth getting a cheaper alternative for now and then waiting for a good second hand deal?

In that case, you probably don't need the extra functionality that the MFC offers over a general MIDI controller (nice to have but not essential). I play live and depend on that stuff, but when at home I literally only care about being able to change scenes/presets with my foot and that's about it.

The MFC might be slight overkill for home use alone, but if you do see a good deal on an MFC then it is very much worth it.

You're right, otherwise send Sussi an email. She always answers immediately, then I'm still a bit lucky because my MFC 101 is 4 months old. The MFC can not include all functions such as preset names and tuner with Axe III, you also need to buy another controller for this.

Odd that its no longer for sale when the XL+ still is. I reckon that it was never produced in the same number as the unit it was supposed to control. I'm glad I got mine at the same time as I did with my XL+. Which significantly added to the bill, but what's the point of ordering a killer unit like the XL+ without its tailor made controller? And I'm glad that I did because making both of them work together was sometimes hard enough already. I'd hate having to add the additional stress of using a different controller to the mix.

Its not hard to setup other types of controllers but it depends what you want out of it. The more options the more effort.

It's out of stock, but we're not sure there's enough demand to sustain another full run.

I was ready to buy a new one. Ended up buying a used one on Reverb. Ok with me - I got a great deal on a Mark III, but it was disappointing to see them unavailable when I just bought my new Axe FX less than a year ago.

i just checked the store and I couldn’t find the MFC - I’m finally at the point where I want to buy one but I can’t seem to find it on the store or anywhere reasonable. Thoughts?
I'm in the same boat bought a fx2 xl for $2200 from fractal when I ordered it and read the marketing info there was no warnings about being obsolete or hey buy a footpedal now or you'll never get one as I thought this company was a good one to buy from but think again. They don't want to provide service for customers who supported their overpriced rack unit they want you to buy a 3xl and down the line they'll do the same thing to other customers. I verbalize to the sales agent who offered no help whatsoever other than telling me get it was a six year old unit I told them I was told this at purchase of course that's before they got my money. So really if people don't see why this company not only is unethical they aren't even sympathetic to the people who made then prosper. In the end Garbage company . So I have a 1 year old 2xl that is obsolete.....wonk wonk. Honestly my bogner 101 takes hot craps on this cheese grater rack anywho and doesn't depreciate like. They also told me to get a used one on ebay...their 800 to 1300 dollars used. Here's a thought keep supporting your customers even if you make the rack obsolete because your the retailer. Build a few hundred units or have some options other than......sorry but not sorry attitude.

Back
Top Bottom