Please help me decide buy or not to buy Axe FX ii

SerjTako

Hello happy Axe Fx owners.
Wanna buy that great box, but..dont know what to expect.
Because you know..youtube demos sounds great than you put your guitar and its sounds like sh** with your guitar :)

So.. if you have some time to reamp my simple riff DI with your best modern metal preset that will helps a lot.(sorry for crappy playing!)

Guitar: LTD EC401 in drop A with 12-68 elixir strings

Thanks again!

Attachments

• DI_EC401.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
If you like tweaking every aspect of your guitar sound then this is for you. :)

Its also pricey as I am discovering, buy a good frfr speaker unlike me and save yyourself some headaches. Hahaha

If you like tweaking every aspect of your guitar sound then this is for you. :)

Its also pricey as I am discovering, buy a good frfr speaker unlike me and save yyourself some headaches. Hahaha

Yeah i know Axe is digitally recreates amps component by component. Its great. I love tweaking.

Buy it! You will prob be overwhelmed/unhappy at first but keep in mind that a lot of these guys u here on YouTube and on this forum with great killer sounds have invested much time, effort, and knowledge into building what they've achieved. Takes time but it's worth it and that's the truth EOS!

Just buy it. You’ll hate it then come over to the forum and everyone will tell you to spend loads of money on extras then you’ll end up really poor but eventually you’ll get it and love it.

I'd recommend saving up for the Axe FX 3

btw, considering the price, do note, that some of the amps that the Axe models are as expensive, or far more expensive than the Axe FX.
The only downside being, that some of the things amps do naturally, you have to dial in manually, like, matching the amp model to a cab.
The Axe requires quite a bit more fiddling with than with real amps...

My 25 cent.... The AXE clips you hear on You tube sounds amazing... and I get the exact same fantastic sounds in my headset/DAW and fully powered in a nice PA system. The rehearsal sound on the backing gear is OK, but not the same WOOOW experience, to me any way... Then again that is what it is made for, so I'm very very happy with it.

Also, you need to spent some time with it, EQ'ing, setting volume levels across presets and guitars etc, and in general some getting use to... At the medium rear gear use it reminds me a bit of hearing your amp through studio monitors.

I'd recommend saving up for the Axe FX 3

btw, considering the price, do note, that some of the amps that the Axe models are as expensive, or far more expensive than the Axe FX.
The only downside being, that some of the things amps do naturally, you have to dial in manually, like, matching the amp model to a cab.
The Axe requires quite a bit more fiddling with than with real amps...

Axe iii is gorgeous but my ass burn to much for saving money on iii. Maybe next year.

Just to figure out revamping in cubase via SPdif I had a go ....
Just used my 5153 preset with own hammer IR.
Then I played something reasonably similar (but i'm in open C at the moment) on my PRS

In such a rush for the toilet i can't even spell reamp, multiple times.....

Just make sure that before you do anything with it to update to the latest firmware, install the factory presets and put all the setting back to factory default. Then read the manual about how to set it up. Then watch all of Chris's, Cooper's and others videos on YouTube about how to properly go about creating presets. This will save you the inevitable "I can't get a good tone this thing sux" thread.

And do like the guy above set and invest in proper FRFR monitors/wedges. You actually do get what you pay for here - to be more precise you screw yourself trying to go cheap in this area.

Are you getting a really good deal? Why aren't you going for a new Axe-FX III?

Back
Top Bottom