AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
@FractalAudio Besides the Matchless DC-30, can you tell us which other amps have a corrected Preamp Bias value in 10.1? This is for people (like myself) who have older presets dialed in and need to update them without a full amp reset...

Here's what I can tell comparing to ARES in Axe-Fx III:

If you use the "Matchbox"/Matchless DC 30 preset ( I love it!), either dirty or the clean version, after updating to 10.1, please check the Preamp bias value on page three of the amp block.

If it says -0.4, change it to +0.4. The DC30 amp will get louder and will sound fuller. Cool!

Also, for the Bad Cat 30/Hot Kitty -- if it says -0.45, change it to 0.18. You may need to turn the "Y" scene LEVEL down a little too/use VU meter, to about -12.8db

For the Maz 8 Dr. Z -- change it from -0.5 to be -0.05

For the Maz 30 Dr. Z -- change it from -0.5 to 0 (zero)

Cliff - any others??? Is it safe (or not) to assume that the ARES value in the Axe II for Preamp Bias should match the Preamp Bias in Quantum 10.1?

I haven't found any other yet-- using ARES in Axe III as reference for values there. If I do, I'll post them here.

Last edited:
@austinbuddy

Just a question about your Naked Amps set... do you tend to deep-edit these amps, or stick mostly to the "front-panel" type of controls?

For Naked amp presets, it’s 90% all main amp page and getting the best factory cab paired. There are little things I do if I need to squeeze something out that isn’t forthcoming from that. I am learning still all the time!

Thanks guys! :) ...always reinforcing the notion that I made the right decision in snagging a Fractal product.

“Product and People, First”

...just not that common anymore, unfortunately.

Thanks again. Have a great week!

I did the upload skipping 10.00 and I am no having to go through all my presets and turn the mixer level way down to prevent my outputs from peaking.
I adjusted one preset went from -12dB to -26. It was the Tweed 5fc1 EC.
Everything is cleaner and louder so I’m also having to play with the pre and post to get back to the gain I had.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

I did the upload skipping 10.00 and I am no having to go through all my presets and turn the mixer level way down to prevent my outputs from peaking.
Everything is cleaner and louder so I’m also having to play with the pre and post to get back to the gain I had.
Sounds like power amp modeling is turned off in the global menu.

Pleae check to see if the firmware upgrade changed the value of the Nominal Output value, it is found in I/O > AUDIO section and can be either -10dbv or + 4dbv.

Pleae check to see if the firmware upgrade changed the value of the Nominal Output value, it is found in I/O > AUDIO section and can be either -10dbv or + 4dbv.
That was one of the first things I did. They were the same as before the upgrade.
It was the power amp modeling had turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom