Wish Preamp Disable or Poweramp Only models

syxx

I know this was listed on a wish list for AxeFX at some point. But I didn't see it in the III (if it exists, please correct me)

I would find it incredibly useful to be able to disable the preamp section of certain models. I think it was stated that there are some interactions that would make that difficult.

If not, would it be possible to get poweramp only models of some popular amps (Recto, 5150, 5153, Mark, Fryette, Marshall).

Given how preamp pedals are all the rage right now. And many of them are not trying to model any amp in particular (HD Apex, for example). But since you can also disable the poweramp section, you could basically pair up any preamp to any power amp. I think this would be awesome.

Unless the core underlying technology of the modeling has changed, I don't think this will be done.

Cliff stated before that it was not possible to separate the pre and power amp sections.

Good luck though!

Unless the core underlying technology of the modeling has changed, I don't think this will be done.

Cliff stated before that it was not possible to separate the pre and power amp sections.

Good luck though!

I think that's what I recalled seeing as well. Which was was I was suggesting maybe just a handful of power amp models if the disabling thing wasn't an option.

Take your favourite amp block and take note of all the power amp, speaker and power supply values; put those into the Tube Pre block and you've got a pretty convincing power amp sim.

Good luck though!
From what i remember he didn't state it wasn't possible but he stated it would expose his algorithms to be reverse engineered by concurrent companies

Could this be achieved through the tube preamp model though? It is supposed to be neutral/fairly neutral, if I remember correctly.

Could this be achieved through the tube preamp model though? It is supposed to be neutral/fairly neutral, if I remember correctly.

Yes...

Take your favourite amp block and take note of all the power amp, speaker and power supply values; put those into the Tube Pre block and you've got a pretty convincing power amp sim.

Back
Top Bottom