MFC-101 as a general midi controller with Axe-Fx II or Axe-Fx III

Thanks to everyone for contributing to this discussion. I was able to set up the MFC with My Axe III and have most of the functionality issues worked out. One bug remains and I can't figure it out. When changing presets from the MFC my III automatically jumps to scene 2. I have specified in both Axe Edit as well as on the unit itself to default to scene 1 so there must be a setting on the MFC that is jumping to scene 2. Any ideas?

Any chance you have MFC "send w preset" on and that IA (Scene 2) saved as 'on'?

Thanks Zionplayer, I went into the Setup on the MFC and turned off the send with preset for IAs 1-15 and that solved the remainder of my issues! This forum is awesome!

Is it possible to have the IA's show the red light when the block is available in the preset?

Last edited:
Thanks Zionplayer, I went into the Setup on the MFC and turned off the send with preset for IAs 1-15 and that solved the remainder of my issues! This forum is awesome!

Hi, I have the same issue, but switching Off the Ai's does not solve my problem? any other solutions??

Hi, I have the same issue, but switching Off the Ai's does not solve my problem? any other solutions??

Another thing you could check - There is an option on the III to save preset and always to default to scene 1, or to save preset to default on whatever scene you are on when you hit save.

Another thing you could check - There is an option on the III to save preset and always to default to scene 1, or to save preset to default on whatever scene you are on when you hit save.

Hi I solved it, ran around a whole lot of ways and finally switched send w prest off only on IA17, and that did the job. THANKS

Update: I used the MFC-101 successfully with the Axe FXIII up until a couple of weeks ago when I got an FC-12. All the instructions needed to do this are in this thread. I was able to change presets, change scenes, use three external controller pedals, 4 extension switches, set up IA's to control the looper functions, etc. It all worked except for the LEDs not always showing the correct state. The only thing I never tried was to directly access channels with IA switches.

The only thing I never tried was to directly access channels with IA switches.

Channel switching is possible too with MFC and Special CCs I think.

With my JORDI Board you are able to See the status LEDs im Sync with your preset too. So the MFC is no Full FCx but it does a very Great Job! :)

Channel switching is possible too with MFC and Special CCs I think.

With my JORDI Board you are able to See the status LEDs im Sync with your preset too. So the MFC is no Full FCx but it does a very Great Job! :)
It should be no different than scenes... The underlying concept is the same.

a few questions for you fine folks

1) Is it possible to set switches 16 and 17 to delay and reverb holds?

2) I followed the steps on page one for setting up scene changes for the first 5 switches. Switch #3 is supposed to go to scene 3 but it jumps to a specific patch on scene 3. I'm programming on the MFC directly, and I have gone screen by screen and can't find any setting that is different from the other 4. any ideas?

3) I've defined switch 16 and 17 as tuner and tempo on axeIII as well as MFC in the same way as the effects block, and yet there is no reaction when either is pressed. (I'd give up these two features if reverb\delay hold control is possibility)

a few questions for you fine folks

1) Is it possible to set switches 16 and 17 to delay and reverb holds?

2) I followed the steps on page one for setting up scene changes for the first 5 switches. Switch #3 is supposed to go to scene 3 but it jumps to a specific patch on scene 3. I'm programming on the MFC directly, and I have gone screen by screen and can't find any setting that is different from the other 4. any ideas?

3) I've defined switch 16 and 17 as tuner and tempo on axeIII as well as MFC in the same way as the effects block, and yet there is no reaction when either is pressed. (I'd give up these two features if reverb\delay hold control is possibility)
You can program an IA switch for anything in the Midi/Remote menu of the Axe Fx III.

You can program an IA switch for anything in the Midi/Remote menu of the Axe Fx III.

That's what I thought, but I went through all the options in midi/remote and I'm just not seeing anything labeled reverb or delay hold. Went through all the tabs several times, are they labeled something else perhaps?

Or is there an alternate method of doing this? In the past I've had to click on the hold button to assign it (as a modifier IIRC) to a footswitch hooked into the pedal input. I'm hoping to keep it all on the MFC and not bring an extra switch tho.

That's what I thought, but I went through all the options in midi/remote and I'm just not seeing anything labeled reverb or delay hold. Went through all the tabs several times, are they labeled something else perhaps?

Or is there an alternate method of doing this? In the past I've had to click on the hold button to assign it (as a modifier IIRC) to a footswitch hooked into the pedal input. I'm hoping to keep it all on the MFC and not bring an extra switch tho.
I think you need to assign a CC to one of the External Controllers, then assign the External Controller as the modifier on the switch.

For example, assign CC 50 to External Controller 1 and then assign External Controller 1 as the modifier on Delay hold.

Back
Top Bottom