How do you program IA's in reveal mode without messing up what you already have in normal mode?

notalemming

Fractal Fanatic
Pretty much what the title say. I have my MFC set up to use with the III so no Axe FX mode. I have bank size set to 10, switches 11-15 switch scenes, 16 & 17 are volume decrement/increment. In reveal mode I have switches 1-5 set up for the looper. All I need to do is change switch 17 to turn on & off the tuner in reveal mode. I used to have the tuner on 17 in normal mode before the volume increment & decrement feature was implemented in the III. How do I get switch 17 to turn on & off the tuner in reveal mode without messing up the volume increment I have set in normal mode? Thanks!

You don't... Reveal mode "reveals" IAs that are otherwise "hidden" by Preset or Scene buttons.
What? I thought revel mode was to enable another set of 17 IA switches. I was able to get 1-5 to control the looper in reveal mode. 1-5 in normal mode changes presets. Why can't I make switch 17 do one thing in normal mode & another in reveal mode? This makes no sense at all & the manual is useless in how to program anything in reveal mode!

What? I thought revel mode was to enable another set of 17 IA switches. I was able to get 1-5 to control the looper in reveal mode. 1-5 in normal mode changes presets. Why can't I make switch 17 do one thing in normal mode & another in reveal mode? This makes no sense at all & the manual is useless in how to program anything in reveal mode!
You just answered your own question... Like you said, 1-5 control Presets in normal mode which is why they are useable for IAs

You just answered your own question... Like you said, 1-5 control Presets in normal mode which is why they are useable for IAs
So you can only use IA's in reveal mode that are used as preset switches in normal mode? The manual is really unclear about that! No problem, I will use 10 instead to 17 LOL!

Think of it like this:

You can assign IAs to all 17 buttons.

In Normal mode, any of those buttons that is used for a Preset or Scene "overlays" the IA function that is assigned to the button.

In Reveal mode, all of the IAs are revealed - hence the name...

I understand revel is reveling something different than what is in normal mode. What is not clear at all is which of the 17 switches can actually be used for something different in reveal mode. Apparently, only the ones that are preset switches in normal mode. If you have a bank size of 5, you can only program 1-5 in reveal mode, bank size 10, you can program 1-10 in reveal mode, etc. The manual is not clear about that at all. It make sit sound like you have a whole set of 17 independent IA switches in reveal mode. You don't unless you have a bank size of 17.

I understand revel is reveling something different than what is in normal mode. What is not clear at all is which of the 17 switches can actually be used for something different in reveal mode. Apparently, only the ones that are preset switches in normal mode. If you have a bank size of 5, you can only program 1-5 in reveal mode, bank size 10, you can program 1-10 in reveal mode, etc. The manual is not clear about that at all. It make sit sound like you have a whole set of 17 independent IA switches in reveal mode. You don't unless you have a bank size of 17.
Yeah... Actually, that's right. It's only the preset switches, not scenes (which are also IAs).

Again, they aren't "being used for something else", they are being revealed.

To say it a different way, assign whatever IAs you want in Reveal Mode.

In Normal mode, any buttons used as a Preset button will hide that IA.

By the way, if you have an MFC mkIII, you can configure the starting preset button, too.

Back
Top Bottom