Preset Inspired by George Lynch

Hi Mike - I'm new to this stuff, but I managed to download the preset and the user cabs from the links in the original post.

I then used Axe Edit to import the preset into a blank preset (424 for me) from my downloads folder and save it. I then selected the cab from grid view in Axe Edit and clicked on the 'picker' option in the cabs section for Cab 1 (which is set to User). That should open a list of user Cabs.

You will need to import the new user cabs (that you will have downloaded from the link above) by clicking the 'manage' button at the bottom right. Once the manage window opens click user slot 7 and right click and select import. Browse to your downloads folder or wherever you saved the files from the link above and select the file 'U1-0007_TV GB 57 C TR.syx' and save it. Follow the same process for User slot 8 with the other cab file. The only other change I had to make was to change the Output block from 'Output 4' to 'Output 1' and it worked and sounded great for me (thanks Leon).

As I say I'm new to this but I managed to fumble my way through as described above, so the hopefully the description helps you.

If not I'm sure a more experienced user than me will be able to help. In fact there is probably a video somewhere on how to do it properly that someone could provide a link to (hopefully).

Good luck and fingers crossed it helps.

Cheers.

Always love it how people take the TIME to explain in detail.
thanks again

This is just freaking spectacular! It is one of the top presets I have ever used. I would very much like to contribute monetarily sir. Do you have a PayPal link? Again, thank you for this - I am overjoyed.

This is just freaking spectacular! It is one of the top presets I have ever used. I would very much like to contribute monetarily sir. Do you have a PayPal link? Again, thank you for this - I am overjoyed.

Thanks so much mate. If you're feeling generous, there's links to my band's music in my signature where you can pick up a single, an album or some merch :)

Mike Gillham I wonder if the difference you're hearing is you playing through amplified speakers vs. the video having been recorded (at least somewhat) direct.

Also give scene 2 a try, the delay seems to add quite a bit to the overall sound. Also make sure your input 1 in setup - I/O - Input one is cranked up good.

My PRS isn't quite as bright and produces less harmonics in the crunch, gonna try changing out the strings and recording the difference.
Thx

Another great preset. Thanks!

For others having issues. Open 'Manage Cabs' in Axe Edit. If you do not see these IR's then it won't load correctly. Drag and drop them in, save the configuration, and then make sure they're referenced correctly in the preset cab section.

My point is 'thin' always points to me like you're not using a cab in the preset.

Played this preset with another 80's staple of mine. 'True Believer' by a little known c%^& rock band Lillian Axe. Nailed it with delay to slop it up a bit.

Played this preset with another 80's staple of mine. 'True Believer' by a little known c%^& rock band Lillian Axe. Nailed it with delay to slop it up a bit.

Oh man how great were Lillian Axe? The first show I ever played in the states was a festival side stage that LA headlined and Steve Blaze absolutely destroyed. To this day still some of the finest live playing I've ever witnessed and a nice guy too.

Oh man how great were Lillian Axe? The first show I ever played in the states was a festival side stage that LA headlined and Steve Blaze absolutely destroyed. To this day still some of the finest live playing I've ever witnessed and a nice guy too.

Lillian Axe was definitely one of those 80s bands, like Fifth Angel, that should have been a lot bigger than they were. There was just something extra in their music that a lot of bigger bands didn't have. I listen to both bands regularly.

Dude! I was buddies with Lillian! We use to do shows together all the time! Now its just Facebook friends with them but I love them!

So do I Redd. So glad to see Lillian love here! I actually made my band to their version of 'No Matter What' in the set as since it was the perfect song to end the night.

Leon rocks !! Even answers questions on his you tube channel . thank you !!

Is their an AX8 version of this preset ?
thx
Agreed. I was on this preset all of last night on a wireless in the lead scene far from my desk and never went once to mess with the params on the AXE3. Just had fun.

Prob a little rough to change this to AX8 since this one uses 2 amp models and I think the goal was taking that description Leon found about George's setup back then and tried to mimic as much as possible with multiple amps and leveraging the AXE 3.. Probably would have to just pick one of the two amps to try and build it out from there. If I still had my AX8 I'd try for you.

Back
Top Bottom