Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 1.15 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still need a solution for being able to assign a CC to more of the features for which a CC can be used. Please. We can utilize 128 CC numbers at the moment, but the Axe FX III has many more controllable parameters than that. While it's true, that no two users will choose the same parameters to assign to a CC, and no-one needs to be able to assign every feature to a cc, that can be assigned, it is still the case, that there are many parameters we might want to be able to assign, and this number exceeds 128 things. I probably would need 140, but that is a guess. I know I excluded several things, to keep the number at 128 assignments - such as the #2's of many effects like Chorus 2, Flanger 2, etc and so forth. If worse comes to worse, and I was utilizing an effect that I didn't have assigned, I would use scenes in that instance to turn it on or bypass, and select a channel for the block.

You mentioned before the possibility of putting the "channel a,b,c,d" commands on a different midi channel, and that would certainly help.
The MIDI specification only allows for 128 control change signals to be addressed. This isn't an Axe-Fx III limitation, this is a MIDI protocol limitation.

Moving certain functionality to other MIDI channels would immediately render simple MIDI controllers useless.
There are alternatives. Using Fractal's MIDI implementation, RJM for example is using SysEx to control everything, not needing and bypassing CC assignments on the III.
But let's discuss this in a separate thread.

Added Output 1 Volume Increment and Output 1 Volume Decrement CC assignments. When the CC assigned to Volume Increment/Decrement is received the scene volume for Output 1 is incremented or decremented by 1 dB and the preset automatically saved.

See me do a victory dance here! :D :p

Not really. Fractal's reverb engine is superb, and optimized for clarity in a way that no reverb IR can be. And it's way more flexible.
Perhaps 'shame' is the wrong word. I agree that the reverbs are fantastic. Adding convolution support would be groundbreaking in this field of modelling. And it wouldn't be a bad idea is what I'm getting at.

I really love the stream of developments on this platform!

Where do I report bugs? I posted some bugs for the last 2 firmwares, but I don't know if they're logged or not.

Just post them in the main Discussion forum, if it’s hardware-related. Add “Bug” to the title.

Can anyone test if using Volume Increment/decrement feature makes a small audio dropout? It does on AX8 because of saving process, is there a dropout on AXE III too? I really like using this feature live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom